sharetrader
Page 179 of 217 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2166

Sp dropped like we are going to say goodbye to petrol and diesel tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Sp dropped like we are going to say goodbye to petrol and diesel tomorrow
    did you buy? dont think cracks are favourable at the moment
    one step ahead of the herd

Cyclical businesses always have their ups and downs,

Don't think anything has changed on the demand side. Has something fundamental made the business worth 25% less than 6 months ago?

Happy to keep on buying and take advantage of the price drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    I bought some more to average down. Still in the red, however, don't think we'll be "not" needing fuel any time soon, and the share price will crepe back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Waikaka View Post
    Cyclical businesses always have their ups and downs,

Don't think anything has changed on the demand side. Has something fundamental made the business worth 25% less than 6 months ago?

fundamentally the world is changing , oil is a dinosaur on the way out. look at exon mobil share price ( and all others in the field ) they are being priced for the reality of there death coming.
    nzr is spending to just stay in business , there debt is exploding due to low cracks

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    fundamentally the world is changing , oil is a dinosaur on the way out. look at exon mobil share price ( and all others in the field ) they are being priced for the reality of there death coming.
    nzr is spending to just stay in business , there debt is exploding due to low cracks
    I feel like that view summaries nicely what is driving the share price down to good value.

While NZR has its own problems and it is hard dirty work refining crude. I don't see any major medium term changes in demand in NZ. I am happy to wait for the FY 19 announcement on Thursday to see what debt etc is doing.

Haven't looked at XOM but suspect I would much rather invest in it rather than Netflix, Tesla, Beyond meat of other money sinks.

Great time to deploy my cash pile on a few undervalued equities and then check on them in a few years

Screaming buy imo

result as expected not very good due to cracks etc , dont agree with there experts outlook though.

This industry has shown over the years to be cyclical. I expect it to turn at some stage.

I can see fossil-fuelled cars being replaced, but there is no way big hauling trucks can work on electricity. There will have to be hydrogen fuel cells developed for them. It may come faster than I think, but diesel will be needed for a long time yet.
    While I have a petrol-driven car it would be perverse to deny the need for a refinery. The Annual Report seems reasonably cheerful, but then they always do.