sharetrader
Page 167 of 217 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2166

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    You are definitely treading on my turf here and I can say quite categorically that you are completely wrong with that statement.

The wind farms, disconnected themselves from the grid, as a self protection measure, because of the high number of voltage dips in a short space of time.

The interconnect was then forced to self protect and disconnect as well.

Read the report here: https://www.aemo.com.au/-/media/File...ember-2016.pdf

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I stand corrected

All they probably need is a couple of extra tanks at Wiri so they can hold more jet fuel down there. There used to be the back up option of Wynyard tank farm but that stopped in 2011 so the same Aucklanders who are complaining now could have a prettier water front. The back up used to be delivery to the wharf there by coastal tanker.

Tanks at Wiri hold upto 12 days supply from what I understand, pipeline break to repair is about 9 days so not really a major issue. Media and politrix have got hold of this like they own it. Its funny how Collins is beating up the oil coys in regards to fuel prices and then beating up the refinery in regards to not having multiple pipelines.

Cheapest solution would be to bung an extra tank in at Wiri and slap a massive tank on the Auckland waterfront so the sniveling jaffas can have something to complain about.

Ruakaka local.

NZR are giving twice daily updates (press releases) on their website. The latest here sounds to me like they are on track for being at the earlier end of their Sunday to Tuesday completion timeframe. Fingers crossed. Hard to imagine it is only a little over a week since this happened. Feels like an eternity when watching it in slow motion.

They are playing hard to get with the op stats. I suspect they don't want to draw too much attention to a profitable couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    NZR are giving twice daily updates (press releases) on their website. The latest here sounds to me like they are on track for being at the earlier end of their Sunday to Tuesday completion timeframe. Fingers crossed. Hard to imagine it is only a little over a week since this happened. Feels like an eternity when watching it in slow motion.

They are playing hard to get with the op stats. I suspect they don't want to draw too much attention to a profitable couple of months.
    I wonder if they are obliged to give the margin report every couple of months, I don't know of many other companies who report revenue every 2 months. This whole pipeline thing has been a bit of an election drama which has been managed exceptionally well by the refinery. Having product back down the tube a little over a week after breakage is pretty good and shows that the system works. It will be interesting to see if and when they get the pipe back up to the full pressure that they were doing before it broke. Hopefully not too many other deaf digger drivers out there.

Don't imagine they are obliged to, but hopefully they will still publish this period's once the dust has settled. Interestingly, if stuff.co.nz is any guide, then this incident seems to have completely faded into the background already.

Great work getting it up an running so quickly.

good margin achieved, share price hasnt moved much for ages im guessing its because of big mainteneace next year?
    one step ahead of the herd

"We are hopeful that the higher throughput will assist our customers establishing robust stock levels at Wiri."

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Jascinda Ardern not at all happy about our vulnerable fuel supply as clearly articulated on TV3's Breakfast interview with Duncan Garner this morning. Not good enough and is apparently encouraging her energy minister to speed up the fuel supply security review process. Back-up pipeline requirement to be forthcoming ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-12-2017 at 08:37 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Update for Nov/Dec should be through by the end of the week. Should hopefully give a little further steer to the 2017 result......

Shareholder day at NZR Masden Point tomorrow ... should be an awesome day! =D

Will be good to see the refinery firsthand ... I know a lot of people who have worked there but never actually seen it for myself ...