sharetrader
Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Not too long ago we were getting dire predictions from management about the costs of maintenance etc and the fact that profits would be down and the shareholders could not expect the high dividends that they had been getting etc. I wondered at the time if this was a move to reduce the shareholding by reducing the price thus allowing those in the know to clean up. My paranoia knows no bounds but I am glad I hung on to my couple of thousand shares.I see from the half-year report that the number of shareholders has reduced from 2554 to 2415 in the year or 5%

Where did all the sellers go yesterday? They all cleared out, and someone stepped up to the plate offering 20,000 @ $25.00 = $500,000!
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Yes, it is all a bit astonishing. depth shows 5000 buys at the current price or marginally above, and only 400 sells at 2350. And, if this is not a big enough jump, the next sell batch is still as steve reported: 20k @ $25!

I've only held ~1350 of these since May 02, but they make me very happy... Cheers.

NZR's a stock that has been copnsistently been highlighted on this site as a good long term investment - and I have consistently ignored it [B)]

Well done to its backers!

Advanced Member

An interesting aspect of the interim report is a reduction in the number of shareholders from 2554 to 2415 or - 5%. This leads me to believe that there is one or more out there with a constant buy order on the market, ready to mop up any lots. I've only got a couple of thousand but they are not getting mine.

Hello the Happy Holders!!
    What a glorious day... Currently buyer at $24, and lowest seller is $35. I must say that the buyer wont be getting any of mine either. Wonder how I'll feel when the buyer is bidding $35.

$24 been and gone.. buyers at 24.51, next seller at $26.. dayum.. !!

Felonius

Well done Craic,
    Try widdling on your weeds and you'll have even more money in the bank !
    Felonius

Advanced Member

On the SCT Chart thread, K1w1 asked about trend following indicators for the current NZR uptrend.
    K1w1, I have plotted the 20% Trailing Stop that you mentioned - you can see that it is way too far from the current price action to be useful. A 10% Trailing Stop is much better, as is a 12x ATR Trailing Stop. Another suitable indicator here would be a 100 day Simple Moving Average (plotted in red). A tentative trendline is plotted in light green. Prices falling below any of these 4 indicators would be logical Sell signals for this stock.
    The situation here is similar to that of MHI. A confirmed trendline (dark green) was rendered obsolete by the acceleration of the stock's uptrend, so a new steeper trendline closer to the price action was required. This new trendline is unconfirmed as yet.
    There are of course plenty of other good trend indicators. The chart shows just a few of the simpler ones.

Thanks Phaedrus for explaining . That share price is in such a steep climb that I am getting nosebleeds just looking at the graph!