sharetrader
Page 105 of 218 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2172
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    LOL...you can't be on time to every party but when its a good one I reckon its better to be late than never arrive
    Welcome aboard mate . As an aside, a friend who is a petroleum engineer told me yesterday that 30000 jobs have gone Worldwide in the petroleum exploration industries last 12 months. I know many people in that industry that are unemployed or facing unemployment. All points towards the companies believing we are stuck with low prices for a
    long time yet
    Last edited by iceman; 14-11-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Addition

Outside thinking.

"A record glut of oil ( 3 Billion Barrels) is set to continue into next year and maintain pressure on prices, the International Energy Agency said on Friday. "

Source BBC News. http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34808487
    Last edited by Leftfield; 15-11-2015 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Layout

Investor

After few quite days, this one is on the move too...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Welcome aboard mate . As an aside, a friend who is a petroleum engineer told me yesterday that 30000 jobs have gone Worldwide in the petroleum exploration industries last 12 months. I know many people in that industry that are unemployed or facing unemployment. All points towards the companies believing we are stuck with low prices for a
    long time yet
    Thanks mate and agree 100%. Oil, $Kiwi and other commodities lower for longer is one of my key investment theme's for 2016 and is highly likely to continue into / through 2017 I reckon.

what a good year..,

might just be the start of things to come Golden City

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/...mand-supports/

Other articles are pointing to $9USD/BBL margins next year too... Running a full year at CAP is unheard of. Running more than a year will be gold buckets... I imagine the refinerys costs will be a bit lower this year as a lot that nasty interest stuff wont have to be paid due to paying down debt.

Am I too late to jump on board? :X?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Am I too late to jump on board? :X?
    Well it did start the year at the $2.15 mark so it has had a good rise this year.

However Rog has just bought in about this level so he sees more upside - it will be a good final dividend I think ( I would say at least 10cps ) and the interim of 5cps was unexpected.

A lot of the overseas refineries own the oil they process - the volatility ( $40 to $50 to $40 again) plays havoc with their inventory valuations and it seems they try to increase their margins to compensate.

i have been holding all year and am not tempted to sell yet - don't think I would buy at current levels though...

hope this helps

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    might just be the start of things to come Golden City

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/...mand-supports/

Other articles are pointing to $9USD/BBL margins next year too... Running a full year at CAP is unheard of. Running more than a year will be gold buckets... I imagine the refinerys costs will be a bit lower this year as a lot that nasty interest stuff wont have to be paid due to paying down debt.
    Thanks for that link cdonald.

Should be be close to $4 soon once the new plant is underway, which must anytime from now as they've indicated it'll be end of Nov to be commissioned.

I agree with crackity there vin re dipping your toes now, as it had a spectacular in the last few months and am not sure how much more higher it can go? Of course one would hope it keeps going up, I would probably look to get in on any dips(unlikely now). Pls DYOR and depends on your investment objectives too.

Investor

Most improved performance: Refining NZ

From the Deloitte top 200 awards last night.