sharetrader
Page 109 of 218 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2171

think the govt looking to put a new tax on oil cargo, not sure if nz refining will pay this or the oil companies
    one step ahead of the herd

Haven't heard about that, but if they do than the only one who would pay for such a tax is the consumer ... (as always). Can't see how this would be material to NZR's business.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Does the article from Sharechat have any thing to add to the SP ?

-------

"There's a war going on between Saudi Arabia and the United States. But this war has nothing to do with armies charging through the deserts of the Levant.

This war is all about crushing U.S. oil producers — driving them out of business and making the world safe for the Saudi-led cartel known as the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or simply OPEC.

The latest salvo in this petrol jihad came last Friday in Vienna, as OPEC held its semi-annual meeting. At that meeting, the cartel decided not to cut oil production.

Instead, it effectively increased production to some 31.5 million barrels per day.

Since that Friday decision, the price of crude oil has been in freefall."

price looks cheap.., have add some more to my position

oil prices keep going down...looks good

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    oil prices keep going down...looks good
    I'm new to both investing and NZR, but could you please explain how oil prices going down is a good thing for a oil refinery?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, just trying to learn

I stand to be corrected here but simply put- as oil prices go down, usage (demand) goes up. Their (NZR) profit is based on margins applied to volume throughput, not on actual oil prices. Currency also plays a part in the profit calculation for NZR.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by littletramp View Post
    I stand to be corrected here but simply put- as oil prices go down, usage (demand) goes up. Their (NZR) profit is based on margins applied to volume throughput, not on actual oil prices. Currency also plays a part in the profit calculation for NZR.
    Yep I agree, also price movements allow opportunities for increased margins (profit) e.g. by not passing on the benefits of the lower oil prices as quickly as consumers may hope etc. Not nice, but it can happen.

However I suspect the possibility that NZR may be adversely effected by 'climate change' and 'carbon emission' expectations recently entrenched in Paris may hold back the SP??

Disc - Holder

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Yep I agree, also price movements allow opportunities for increased margins (profit) e.g. by not passing on the benefits of the lower oil prices as quickly as consumers may hope etc. Not nice, but it can

Disc - Holder
    Well sort of - NZR is a toll processor - that benefit goes to retail companies like Z and their margins have certainly been growing ( aka - the consumer is getting shafted.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

However I suspect the possibility that NZR may be adversely effected by 'climate change' and 'carbon emission' expectations recently entrenched in Paris may hold back the SP??

Disc - Holder
    Any other guesses at the down trend over the last two weeks?