sharetrader
Page 119 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2166

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    With this kind of dividends. I can retire haha.
    Not sure about your retirement plans - but it might pay to keep in mind that NZR is a cyclical stock ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

should be ok for couple years haha.., didn't want to retire completely anyway still so young haha

Investor

Wow, some big dumping going on out there after such a stellar results y'day.

......might be something to do with the latest announcement Sb9 re: fuel from water?......American professor reckons he's cracked it......National Radio this morning??? ( I doubt it explains the SP drop but it sounded incredible and also very credible)
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......might be something to do with the latest announcement Sb9 re: fuel from water?......American professor reckons he's cracked it......National Radio this morning??? ( I doubt it explains the SP drop but it sounded incredible and also very credible)
    Interesting idea but I think it's probably just a big sell off after a high yesterday

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    I did extensive google search to find out refining industry outlook, trends and news in light of NZR.

With lower crude oil prices there seem to be huge demand for refining in year 2015 which led increased capacity with new refineries starting in certain parts of world. Which meant that the margins for 2016 may not as high 2015 but nonetheless will be steady.

Sorry gr8day, I couldn't find anything about the topic you mentioned. If you've any links pls do drop them in.

.......That was tongue-in-cheek SB.....no correlation Im sure with SP drop. It was however a genuine interview/article this morning discussing this break through .(with the actual American professor.....who incidentally sounded very humble about the whole thing). I tried myself to find it again on RNZ archives....will keep digging. Basically he was saying that the process is the complete reverse of the current internal combustion engine in that the exhaust gases (CO, CO2 and water) are whats used to produce the energy to propel the car (maybe petrol comes out the exhaust LOL!) ......and all very different to the current Hydrogen fuel cell technology. Sounded truly amazing and hope for the planet that it is commercially viable one day.
    Have a Gr8day.

Veteran novice

From today's DomPost:

"The head of New Zealand's fuel refinery says motorists are keeping petrol prices high, as he denied the company is rorting custoners........ 'I live in Auckland. Everybody is driving a (Toyota) Prado or better. I've got a BMW X5. ... It's the consumer making it'. Mr Post said."

Won't get much applause from commuters from the outer reaches of Auckland, I wouldn't think!

IMO

Int alright but much more research esp on the catalyst. It consumes Co2 and produces oxygen.
    Turning water into fuel

im thinking debt will be under 100m by this time next yr and near zero the following year so what will they do with cash flow then, bigger divs, buy- backs I reckon.
    main reason I think the dollar will fall hard at some stage due to dairy issues mainly lower for longer pay - outs and rising debt levels of farmers and Fonterra may cause a shock in nz, Fonterra is moving way to slow in its integrated model
    one step ahead of the herd