sharetrader
Page 70 of 217 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    I would say that yes they are on track to make NPAT of circa $127m for the year to date.......... but what makes you think it will be well ahead of $127m? The only variable I can think that would do this is the exchange rate, (the forecast of $127m NPAT is based on an average rate of NZ:USD of $0.75......... which is about right for the year to date, but if anything is showing signs of trending against NZR (?)).

By the way can anyone tell me what happens to / or how long these 'çeiling' credits can be held for? do they lapse at all after a certain period?
    "ceiling credits" as well as "floor payments" are only good for the year in which they occurred. I.e. if they don't need to use them up in 2015, they are gone ...
    Still - I wouldn't be too worried if they stay for a handful of years above the ceiling ... (just day-dreaming, but than - who knows?)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

cheers for the clarification blackpeter / snapiti. bit of a shame that the ceiling credits don't last too long, but good news that the discussion is having to be had. They must have a heap of credits in the bank by now, which you would think means it is almost a foregone conclusion that they will average the year out at $9. Slight weakness in share price... related to todays exchange rate movement im guessing?

the stock price is moving around in its sideways channel has been since jan really
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Hi Snaps
    I don't disagree with your bullish stance - just the timing and quantum of the share price uplift. !0%+ between now and March isn't to be sneezed at - you can borrow sub 7%p.a. on secured. Bring on the Turkey for Christmas.
    Have a sunny weekend.
    Regards
    -dodgy (owner/shareholder - 90k and looking to increase on dips)
    Maybe its my risk appetite but I wouldn't dream of borrowing for NZR shares. While very unlikely, imagine how much shares would be worth if there was an incident on site.

Yes I am. If I was to borrow to buy shares in NZR, this would have to be one of the risks I would need to assess. While like I said it would be very unlikely, I would want to make sure I didn't have too many eggs in one basket so to speak.

If NZR is 5-10% of my portfolio, different story. The risk of something serious wouldn't worry me one bit as it is unlikely.

http://abc7.com/news/exxon-mobil-ref...losion/523467/

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    are you serious
    Hi Snaps
    Can you enlighten me on your comment please.
    Regards
    -d (owner/shareholder - added 20k and happy with that at the moment)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    more likely to have a breakout of foot and mouth disease....would that stop you investing in Fonterra or Synlait.
    Personally would not borrow money to buy any shares.

Would you borrow money to buy shares in any company.
    If so which ones and why.
    I would get a short term loan (if needed )to put the minimum amount in Kiwisaver (for the gov contribution) if i was over 60

But thats about it

Funny release this morning:

In light of ongoing shareholder queries about Refining NZ’s processing arrangements with its
    customers, the Company has today posted a letter from independent auditor, BDO,
    summarising the findings of their audit of the Company’s processing fee calculations, to the
    Company’s website.
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/211805.pdf

They are referring shareholders to a letter on their website, but don't bother to give a link. Anybody managed to find the referred to letter on their website? At the time of writing this post they either didn't yet upload the letter or they managed to hide it really well on their webpage.

Anybody more success than me in finding it?
    ----

one step ahead of the herd

cheers ...
    ----