sharetrader
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Huang Chung - you're not flying solo mate, I've done a few all nighters lately with assignments. Pleasantly surprised when I checked out the price today. Two bags full! When I first bought in it was with the expectation of a 2m tonne resource - now that estimate looks to be on the low side. Glad I doubled up back mid may.
    Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas

FG - Glad to see you're still on board and enjoying the ride.

Tricha - I'm happy to see that you're apparently positive on the stock...you're pretty good at picking winners when it comes to the miners.

I'm personally looking to at least one, and possibly two (or more) 'bags' from here. Far from guaranteed of course, but if they keep getting getting good hits and make progress with developing their mine and plant, it's entirely possible.

Like all things, time will tell.

Cheers H.C.

Certainly enjoying the ride HC! Further gains today.

More assays just around the corner FG...fingers crossed!

Two new lodes discovered at Prairie Downs!

From today's release:

'The discovery of a further two lodes is highly encouraging, and suggests that zinc mineralisation may be much more extensive at Prairie Downs than has been previously thought. It is interesting to note that zinc has now been defined over a strike length of 1.1 kilometres; however, the source, or origin, of this mineralisation has yet to be found'.

Further on...'Zed remains open along strike to both the east and west and at depth and Main is open to the west. The two new lodes are also open along strike and at depth'.

The two new, as yet un-named lodes appear to be located above the Zed and Main Lodes. Hole 186, above the Main Lode intersected 3m at 11.6% zinc equivilent (ie zinc and lead) [u]from a depth of just 16m</u>.

To potentially be into high grade ore at such a shallow depth is fantastic, and bodes well for some low cost production....of course, much more drilling will need to be done to prove up a resource in this area.

'Results for seven diamond drill holes are awaited and will be released as they come to hand over the next few weeks'.

'Drilling will recommence in July with the initial focus being the numerous targets in the Zed Lode area'.

Bought more shares over each of the last three days.

Link to article in the Bulletin magazine.

http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=276485

Interesting article HC, had to laugh at his description of 'readers who take a longer term view' meaning 6-12 months! Not sure in whose book six months equals long term but oh well.

Yeah FG...seems like everything resource related is in hyperdrive these days!

Muted response to another good announcement today. The market is a strange beast at times....

New zinc, and (for the first time) copper lodes discovered beneath the Zed Lode.

From the ASX release:

Results now suggest that stacked lodes will be a regular occurrence at Prairie Downs. This is a substantial economic benefit as development costs to mine the additional lodes would be minimal. It also demonstrates the need to follow up even minor intersections which are often indicative of substantial mineralisation along strike or at depth.

While copper mineralisation is known to occur at Prairie Downs in the vicinity of Main Lode, it tends to be sporadic and relatively low grade. The results in PDD 196 conclusively demonstrate that copper can occur at economic levels. This is an unexpected but welcome development as copper mineralisation could be readily treated in the concentrator currently under construction for Prairie Downs.

Drilling recommenced this week with the initial target being strike and depth extensions to Zed lode.

All good!

More good hits announced today, but the market has gone to sleep on this one. Slipped under $1 a share a couple of days ago.

Results for three latest holes:

Zed Lode - 5.7m at 12.2% zinc eq from 123.6m
    Main Lode - 2.5m at 14% zinc eq from 30.5m AND 1.9m at 15.6% zinc eq from 40.5m
    East Lode - 1.2m at 15.8% zinc eq from 191m.

Not overly thick intercepts this time around, but good grade and importantly not at all deep.

Extract from the release: To put these grades into perspective, Prairie Downs mineralisation is considered amenable to underground mining to widths of 1.5 metres and grades down to 3.5% zinc.

The high grade and shallow depth of the deposit should make the Prairie Downs Project hugely profitable. The increased price of lead is an unexpected bonus.