sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    percy

Default ATP Atlas Pearls Ltd.

Atlas Pearls Ltd (ATP), an ASX listed company, has become one of the world's leading producers of the high quality white and silver South Sea pearls. The Company operates across seven farming locations throughout the South Seas and employing more than 1,000 people, the Company harvested more than 629,000 pearls in the FY2022.

427,871,758 shares on issue at 0.084 cents gives a market cap of $35.94 mil.
    EPS.0.020
    PE 3.93
    NPAT $9.08 mil.
    NTA 8 cps
    Dividend 0.003
    Yield 4.16%.
    Pearl prices remain high.
    Next update is their half year to end of December which will be announced in February.
    Perhaps they will update at their AGM on 9th November.

NB.Marine Farming is extremely high risk.
    Last edited by percy; 06-10-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Advanced Member

I remember a young fella (was it Dimebag) on here who recommended Atlas Pearl about 20 years or so ago but I never pulled the trigger because the harvests back then didn't yield great quality pearls. But back then I don't think they had farms in Malaysia/Indonesia but the Pacific Islands. But could be wrong.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I remember a young fella (was it Dimebag) on here who recommended Atlas Pearl about 20 years or so ago but I never pulled the trigger because the harvests back then didn't yield great quality pearls. But back then I don't think they had farms in Malaysia/Indonesia but the Pacific Islands. But could be wrong.
    I thought there was a thread here,but could not find it.Lizard knew/knows a lot about this company.I asked her for advice when I looked to buy,as I told her years ago why I stopped getting Market Analyst.
    In the 1990s I subscribed to Market Analyst tip sheet.I cancelled my sub when they recommended this company.!!
    I was right ATP was a disaster.Think one of their staff was murdered . However years later after they nearly went broke there was a changing of guard.
    One director lent the company millions.When I saw they were repaying this loan very quickly,and their fundamentals looked really strong I started buying.Been buying up until February this year.
    Had thought I would sell enough to have a "free ride",but with them paying a divie, the fundamentals still looking very modest,and the fact there is nothing I want to buy,I will continue to hold.
    Last edited by percy; 06-10-2023 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought there was a thread here, but could not find it.Lizard knew/knows a lot about this company.
    There were some comments under the "small disruptive tech stocks" thread. Not sure why they ended up there but thanks for starting a separate thread for this one.

The only two things to add to your list of things to like about ATP are:

1. no debt and a growing pile of cash

2. posters elsewhere have commented on the increase in prices of pearls

Apart from the risks of being a biological product producer (as you mentioned), I'm hoping they can keep their costs under control.

Disclosure: a happy holder.

percy

Sold just over half my holding today at 8.05 cents.
    Good profit and "free ride" with what I have left.
    Just held too many..
    Bought the funds back to NZ,and may recycle the funds into more 2CC. Will C..lol

IMO

Sold just over half my holding today at 8.05 cents.
    Good profit and "free ride" with what I have left.
    Just held too many..
    Bought the funds back to NZ,and may recycle the funds into more 2CC. Will C..lol
    I had great gains but took profits a ways back when I learnt the size of the pearls being harvested at the time were smaller.More fool me the s/p kept going up! Maybe I was having a drink at the time,don't drink a Sav Blanc whilst overlooking your share portfolio.
    Pearls Before Wine ehhh

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I had great gains but took profits a ways back when I learnt the size of the pearls being harvested at the time were smaller.More fool me the s/p kept going up! Maybe I was having a drink at the time,don't drink a Sav Blanc whilst overlooking your share portfolio.
    Pearls Before Wine ehhh
    Hard deciding to sell down when the fundamentals are so good, and the share price is in a big uptrend,but I just was over weighted in them.

Legend

Off like a rocket .. 9.1c close

percy

AGM is on Thursday 9th November.
    May get some interesting commentary.

AGM is on Thursday 9th November.
    May get some interesting commentary.
    You given up watching that dramatic RWC semi final
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”