sharetrader
Page 730 of 733 FirstFirst ... 230630680720726727728729730731732733 LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    How can they still be making so much loss after so many years at it?
    I used to turn up to the ASMs when they were in Wellington. Clear message every time - no plan to make a profit or pay a divvie. It's all about growth. Since in those days the SP was in single figures, yep been a wee bit of growth.

And every time Rod Drury was at the door shaking every attendees hand.

Advanced Member

Herald today - Why analysts are sticking with Xero after its swing to a loss (paywalled)

Jarden analyst Elise Kennedy -

"''If you had market leadership in an estimated $74b but had captured only 1.1 per cent share, would you continue to invest to capture more or focus on monetising existing customers?" Kennedy wrote in a note to clients. She reiterated her buy rating, and kept her 12-month target at A$150.00.''

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I used to turn up to the ASMs when they were in Wellington. Clear message every time - no plan to make a profit or pay a divvie. It's all about growth. Since in those days the SP was in single figures, yep been a wee bit of growth.

And every time Rod Drury was at the door shaking every attendees hand.
    A while ago but they need to make profits sometime.
    They must have a heap of tax credits (losses) stacked up against future profits.

Guru

It would be nice if investors had this much patience with longevity biotechs and nuclear fusion.

Bill.com seems to be experiencing similar things to xero in the US.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 12-11-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Vicious..

Lost a 3rd of its market cap inside a month..

If AU$90 doesn't hold where to next...?

Jeez ... I am not really following them (always looked too dear) ... but yes, the downturn looks impressive.

On the other hand ... I still see (at $105) a forward PE of 275 ... and lets not get started on earnings growth ...

So - what would this share be worth if we assume a fair PE of 10 - or even say 20 hoping for a 10 % (earnings) growth pa?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Have they ever made a profit?

They made a "massive" $3.3m profit in 2020 http://research.iress.com.au/IDS/old...091850000&ppv=

I note this bit from the 2020 annual report "At the Deloitte Top 200 Awards in 2017, Rod
    was named Visionary Leader of the Year.
    He was named Ernst & Young New Zealand
    Entrepreneur of the Year in 2013, and is a
    member of the New Zealand Hi-Tech Hall
    of Fame".

I think he's convinced a lot of people that technology is beautiful. Me...I have never been impressed with a company that basically never makes a profit.
    I think its fundamentally wrong to give people business awards without the proof that a company is capable of consistently high profitability.
    Its analogous to handing out art awards to people who throw a rubbish bins contents onto a blank canvas and the judges read something meaningful into it so that wins the award. (Yes that really happened one year with N.Z. art awards).

Sometimes I am asked as an accountant how XRO could possibly be worth the share price it is. I have never been able to give an answer so have never been an investor.
    I think a time of reckoning is coming for high flying tech companies that lose money consistently. In the years after the dot.com crash at the start of this century the NASDAQ lost ~ 90% of its value. History starting to repeat ? You be the judge...
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-01-2022 at 09:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

It was always going to happen wasn't it, swimming naked. Probably not NZ $13 again but who knows how low this could go this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Have they ever made a profit?
    Of course. FY 2020 - 2 cents per share and FY 2021 13 cents per share. Looking at just these two data points their earnings CAGR is not even too bad , but never mind the PE and analysts forecasts for FY 2022 ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)