sharetrader
Page 720 of 733 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Ummmm well glad I didn't buy when I thought it had reached a low point.... $39 today, that's a 25% drop off its recent high of $52! That's a mini stock market crash right there!!! One thing I have learnt from Xero shares is expect the unexpected and definitely take a long term approach...…..

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by Malpaso View Post
    Ummmm well glad I didn't buy when I thought it had reached a low point.... $39 today, that's a 25% drop off its recent high of $52! That's a mini stock market crash right there!!! One thing I have learnt from Xero shares is expect the unexpected and definitely take a long term approach...…..
    Yep. I have been in since it was around NZ$2 and saw it float right up to 40 before crashing back to around 15, but it duly made up lost ground, eventually. So yes, quite the ride (but somehow less anxiety inducing that DIL was in its last years!) I dont think the sell off is anything to do with Xero specifically, I think the outlook for ASX stocks is gloomier than even NZ and with the US doing so well and still seemingly underpriced, I wouldn't be surprised if majors are selling off and reinvesting in US giants. Still it's hard to look past topping up at these prices, soon as knife lands.....

Advanced Member

Last week, the Sunday Star-Times Top 30 Accounting Firms, sponsored by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) was announced.

All 30 are Xero partners.

I feel like XRO is getting bogged down by Brexit. Every time the pound drops (as it did yesterday because of yet more Brexit chaos), the SP falls. Make this madness stop!

Back through $50 today. Maybe the madness has stopped. No more small movements for XRO. Its playing in big (insert preferred gender here) boy territory now.

Xero crossing through $54 on not a lot of news. Keen to see the May 16 results to see if there is anything substantial driving it.

Advanced Member

Moving across to the ASX was the right move for XRO. I doubt the price and volumes would be anywhere near on the NZX.

Advanced Member

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Moving across to the ASX was the right move for XRO. I doubt the price and volumes would be anywhere near on the NZX.
    That’s true. The hollow out of the NZ share market continues. NZ households have smaller pension funds and few share investments - they tend to chase leveraged untaxed capital gains from investment in residential rental properties.

So, many of our companies have headed across the ditch. With no appetite for NZ tax reform, I think that will continue. How much longer before the NZ share market closes and The ASX takes on all NZ based companies?

Xero results out and looking pretty good I thought. Good to see the progress in the UK and while the US is slow they are growing at good percentages and seem to be gaining momentum. And we appear to be in profit. Looking forward to share market action today.

https://www.xero.com/content/dam/xer...ation-fy19.pdf