sharetrader
Page 714 of 733 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

So XRO.AX is not exempt from the FIF scheme for tax purposes. Anyone know whether it is likely to achieve exemption over the next year?

Herbacious

I think you'll find it doesn't need an exemption per-se because it's a New Zealand resident company, therefore FIF doesn't apply.

I have came across a site where you could find out if the companies are exempted.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    There'll be one or two local investors regretting they sold before the move to the ASX.
    No regrets here.

I sold for 3 reasons;
    1.) Easier for small cap companies to double their SP than it is for a $35 share
    2.) I don't invest in ASX shares and support NZX (I don't expect you to understand this, but it works well for me)
    3.) I had held XRO for some time and was happy with the gains already made.

In terms of point 3, I think XRO is a game changer, and wish all investors well.

SSSooo don't worry about me, I'm fine taking my gains elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    2.) I don't invest in ASX shares and support NZX (I don't expect you to understand this, but it works well for me)
    Care to explain number 2 a little more? Do you have other investments outside NZX? Is it a bit of a personal “buy kiwi made” campaign?

I’ve been comfortable about Xero’s move to Australia but it has made me consider more what I want from my portfolio... probably more diversification.

However, the amount of research time I would need to put in to understand the Australian market and where to even look for a decent investment there doesn’t feel like a good use of my time.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Care to explain number 2 a little more? Do you have other investments outside NZX? Is it a bit of a personal “buy kiwi made” campaign?
    If you read Jim Slater's 'The Zulu Principle', you may appreciate that it is relatively easy to have substantial market knowledge in small, well regulated emerging market as NZX. I have much more information on this market than on any other in the world, and I use that information to my benefit.

IMHO the NZX is underated as a safe and strong ‘emerging market’ and the underwriting strength of funds such as NZ Superannuation Fund, ACC, and Kiwi Saver are not yet fully appreciated.

NZX has a lot of knockers particularly around coys such as CBL. However I find the ASX just as bad – if not worse. Look at BIG on the ASX as an example. The NZSA is doing great work providing members with good information.

And yes, there is a degree of 'Buy Kiwi' in my stance - Kiwis constantly gripe about the ‘profits going overseas’ in a banking/insurance sector dominated by the Aussies, yet if we don’t back the NZX what have we left?

Lastly and very importantly, my returns since 2014 have been outstanding. My personal profile on this site details my Share Trading Competition results since 2014 and my real life portfolio has bettered this.

If you read Jim Slater's 'The Zulu Principle', you may appreciate that it is relatively easy to have substantial market knowledge in small, well regulated emerging market as NZX. I have much more information on this market than on any other in the world, and I use that information to my benefit.

IMHO the NZX is underated as a safe and strong ‘emerging market’ and the underwriting strength of funds such as NZ Superannuation Fund, ACC, and Kiwi Saver are not yet fully appreciated.

NZX has a lot of knockers particularly around coys such as CBL. However I find the ASX just as bad – if not worse. Look at BIG on the ASX as an example. The NZSA is doing great work providing members with good information.

And yes, there is a degree of 'Buy Kiwi' in my stance - Kiwis constantly gripe about the ‘profits going overseas’ in a banking/insurance sector dominated by the Aussies, yet if we don’t back the NZX what have we left?

Lastly and very importantly, my returns since 2014 have been outstanding. My personal profile on this site details my Share Trading Competition results since 2014 and my real life portfolio has bettered this.
    Saw you profile and noted you had no Friends ....so sent you a request to be my Friend
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Saw you profile and noted you had no Friends ....so sent you a request to be my Friend
    Whoop de doo I should be honoured! (as Groucho Marx said, "Any club that would have me as a 'friend/member' is probably not worth joining."

Whoop de doo I should be honoured! (as Groucho Marx said, "Any club that would have me as a 'friend/member' is probably not worth joining."
    Thought you be honoured ha ha
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thanks for this. Lots of good info and good to know you’ve put real thought into it. So much useful insight to gain here on ST.