sharetrader
Page 712 of 733 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Not sure about your chart Left Field. ATM has gone from about $1 to $9 over 5 years. I don't think that's a 1700% gain - or have I missed something?
    ATM has gone from around 50c to its current price.

My point was the real un-answered questions; Did its association with NZX hold back XRO's progress? Will XRO do much better now that it is free from NZX?

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 02-02-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Not sure about your chart Left Field. ATM has gone from about $1 to $9 over 5 years. I don't think that's a 1700% gain - or have I missed something?
    I also think you need to take the relative values of the shares into account. XRO was around $10 and has moved up to around $38 today. A 9x gain would take the price up to $90. 17x would require an SP of $170! A pretty big ask I think.
    sw bought 20,000 shares @ 47c on 5/2/15 if that's any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    ATM has gone from around 50c to its current price.

My point was the real un-answered questions; Did its association with NZX hold back XRO's progress? Will XRO do much better now that it is free from NZX?

Time will tell.
    OK - the ATM 5 year chart on ANZ Securities looked like it started at about $1 - I stand corrected.

As to your questions - your answer appears to be the correct one.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    sw bought 20,000 shares @ 47c on 5/2/15 if that's any help.

My point is not about what you and I have made by our ATM holdings (which is fabulous btw) but rather that ATM has not been held back by the dual listing moans that Rod complains of. ATM operates in similar markets and has thrived.

My next point is that if we all shun NZX, then the NZ economy will end up more and more in the hands of the Aussies.

NZ needs independent banks (not aussie ones) and NZ needs an independent and strong NZX. I hope XRO's move is a wake-up call to NZX and not the start of a trend.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 02-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    My point is not about what you and I have made by our ATM holdings (which is fabulous btw) but rather that ATM has not been held back by the dual listing moans that Rod complains of. ATM operates in similar markets and has thrived.

My next point is that if we all shun NZX, then the NZ economy will end up more and more in the hands of the Aussies.

NZ needs independent banks (not aussie ones) and NZ needs an independent and strong NZX. I hope XRO's move is a wake-up call to NZX and not the start of a trend.

We could soon be considered a ( bolt-on ) market if we are not careful...

There are benefits to being a sole ASX listing, why would businesses give up the increased exposure, liquidity and coverage of a market with exponentially more global reach.

Not to say there are any disadvantages of the dual listing, more so that the ASX offers far greater incentives to a company looking for expansion and greater chance of mergers/partners too.
    Last edited by hardt; 02-02-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    We could soon be considered a ( bolt-on ) market if we are not careful...

There are benefits to being a sole ASX listing, why would businesses give up the increased exposure, liquidity and coverage of a market with exponentially more global reach.

Not to say there are any disadvantages of the dual listing, more so that the ASX offers far greater incentives to a company looking for expansion and greater chance of mergers/partners too.
    I agree with the bolt-on bit.

Dual listing has demonstrably not held back other dual listed boys such as ATM and PPH etc.

I guess we need more details on the real costs of dual listing v sole listing to explain XRO's concerns.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201803...4m25355b9b.pdf

Big news. Not sure whether this should be on the ASX thread or not. Any thoughts on what this means for Xero?

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201803...4m25355b9b.pdf

Big news. Not sure whether this should be on the ASX thread or not. Any thoughts on what this means for Xero?
    Hard to imagine Rod is no longer at the helm but this is good for XRO imo.

Advanced Member

A non executive director at Fletchers, plus he is a civil engineer with honours. I guess the market love it.........

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    A non executive director at Fletchers, plus he is a civil engineer with honours. I guess the market love it.........
    hmmm If I was the founder and the growth story was drying up.... can't cut it in the US and here comes the competition ....I'd prefer to move on as well..