sharetrader
Page 719 of 733 FirstFirst ... 219619669709715716717718719720721722723729 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Why the drop today its been trucking along quite nicely until now

IMO

I think XRO may be caught in the big tech drop 5-6% on the ASX today too due to this last nite in USA
    Tech Stocks Fall Amid Senate Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Novitiate View Post
    Darn, I'm not a subscriber - what's the general gist of the article?
    I'm not a subscriber too but saw it on a tweet earlier and somehow I was able to read it then. Tried to go back based on the above link now but cannot access it anymore. Anyway, the gist is that the largest UK listed Tech stock Sage suffers missed targets and searches new chief.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/teck-stocks-drop-on-regulatory-fears-1202457788/

Major Tech Stocks Slump On Regulatory Fears After Senate Hearing

After top executives from Facebook and Twitter faced a grilling in the U.S. Senate and reckoned with potential government regulation, investors gave the cold shoulder to their stocks and most of the tech sector.
    Twitter fell 6% to end the session at $32.17. Jack Dorsey, the company’s CEO, repeatedly conceded to the Senate Intelligence Committee that the company needed to improve its safeguards deterring misuse of the social media platform. The hearing also follows a series of tweets and comments, based on scant evidence, from President Donald Trump insisting that tech platforms are biased against conservatives.

Only 10% of XRO's customers are in the US. So a senate hearing to be forgotten in week seems unlikely to be the cause....

There has been a major selloff in Aussie blue chips this last week...

XRO BHP WPL ALL to name a few all thrashed by 10% or more in a few days.

Risk off flows and with the preponderance of algorithms these days results in buyer liquidity evaporating.

Xero has announced that they are borrowing $US300 million in convertible notes.

Announcement is here: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201809...0pghpr9bq4.pdf

I've got no idea what the announcement actually means. There is lots of talk about call options, delta placement and other terms. Maybe convertible note issues are always a little indecipherable.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are going to be some acquisitions announced soon because why else would they want USD300m?

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Xero has announced that they are borrowing $US300 million in convertible notes.

Announcement is here: https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201809...0pghpr9bq4.pdf

I've got no idea what the announcement actually means. There is lots of talk about call options, delta placement and other terms. Maybe convertible note issues are always a little indecipherable.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are going to be some acquisitions announced soon because why else would they want USD300m?
    In this announcement they say they want it for acquisitions (paragraph 3):
    https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201809...0pghpr9bq4.pdf

Outside thinking.

AFR reporting today that MYOB subject to $2.2 bln take-over bid from KKR at $A2.98 per share.

Yikes 10% drop in 10 days and still it goes down rather large correction, no doubt off the interest rate discussions in the US and overall tech risk. Apart from that i can't see any other bad news that might be affecting it. Waiting for it to bottom out and then i'm jumping in.....

Quote Originally Posted by Malpaso View Post
    Yikes 10% drop in 10 days and still it goes down rather large correction, no doubt off the interest rate discussions in the US and overall tech risk. Apart from that i can't see any other bad news that might be affecting it. Waiting for it to bottom out and then i'm jumping in.....
    I think so too. Love the US or hate US... but more or less we tended to get drag along with Wall St. I am already maxed out with XRO. Where do you see is the bottom?