sharetrader
Page 724 of 733 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Over $90 AUD today. Champagne heading towards the fridge to begin chilling.
    Amazing story right here but buying at these levels would require huge round things, I couldn't imagine even entertaining the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Amazing story right here but buying at these levels would require huge round things, I couldn't imagine even entertaining the idea.
    The same could have been said for the past 3 years...

And yet the chart confirms it has relentlessly kept going up.

Hope every Kiwisaver fund has shed-loads of em

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    The same could have been said for the past 3 years...

And yet the chart confirms it has relentlessly kept going up.

Hope every Kiwisaver fund has shed-loads of em
    For sure but I guess it's an individual thing, I take big risks by having a large % of my portfolio in single stocks but I like big profit making companies like A2 and I'm not a tech company lover.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    For sure but I guess it's an individual thing, I take big risks by having a large % of my portfolio in single stocks but I like big profit making companies like A2 and I'm not a tech company lover.
    I agree usually but these are a huge percentage of my holdings now just because I was in at 90 cents. At some point it would be nice to convert them to a dividend payer but I am in for the long haul.

Default Chill that wine bottle a little longer...........

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Over $90 AUD today. Champagne heading towards the fridge to begin chilling.
    Yeah but wait drinking that after the result is out this year. AU $125 was the target, right

Xero to head $100b 'Aussie Nasdaq' What do you make of this? Sounds like a go go to me. Accounting technology giant Xero will head the Australian Securities Exchange's new technology index to be unveiled today, giving investors the chance to invest in the fastest-growing segment of the market in one trade.

What goes up must come down?
    Been hit pretty hard lately. Will businesses no longer need accounting software as a result of the virus or has the heady run just left reality too far behind and we are returning to fair value?

Quote Originally Posted by Timesurfer View Post
    What goes up must come down?
    Been hit pretty hard lately. Will businesses no longer need accounting software as a result of the virus or has the heady run just left reality too far behind and we are returning to fair value?
    I think is more of the case of profit taking actually. I wished I have sold a few @ 89+. But never mind... I made several mistake in the past jumped in and out too many times and were at all of the wrong time too... I think I will ride out the storm this time around and most likely will buy more. It is in my opinion only that I think Xero is no where near peaked.

Given that Xero is a NZ company (though now only ASX listed) and analysed by lots of pristine and no doubt 100% pure NZ analysts decided I to include them in my wee exercise assessing the quality of the predictions of our analysts.

So - how did the analysts do with predicting XRO's performance over the last 12 months?

XRO's shareprice peaked in February 2019 at A$49.05 and analysts (consensus) forecast for February 2020 was A$48.61, which means analysts predicted the SP to slightly (1%) drop over the last 12 months. They have been woefully wrong - the XRO shareprice in February 2020 actually peaked at A$89.00, i.e. instead of the forecasted slight drop of 1% did punters get a 81% rise. A monumental fail for the analysts, but nice for the punters who didn't trusted them and bought anyway ;

Looking into the consensus buy recommendation - it was in February 2019 a strong "HOLD"(5.8/10) - i.e. analysts said that the share will slightly outperform the NZX. NZX went up by 21% and TPW went up by 81%, i.e. XRO outperformed the NZX50 by 60%! This would have been a screeaming buy, not a hold. Nice for holders, but not really a convincing analyst forecast. I call the quality of the forecast a fail.

I am doing this exercise as well with other NZX listed stocks - the overview is here:
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...arket-analysts

13 stocks checked so far (checking for each consensus and buy recommendation);
    Consensus shareprice forecasts correct: 1/13; analyst hitrate: 7.7%
    Consensus recommendation vs NZX50 correct: 4/13; analyst hitrate: 31%
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Interesting to see Xero recovering and not all that far off its high now. Given the state of the world these days it seems likely that quite a few of Xero's clients will go under and that will impact their outlook.

Maybe their customers are more savvy than the average! Could be.