sharetrader
Page 693 of 733 FirstFirst ... 193593643683689690691692693694695696697703 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Are the morningstar recommendations any good?

Guru

ATM the old adage of "Stairs up elevator down" applies !!

Quote Originally Posted by gbogo View Post
    Anyone heard of / looked at this: https://www.waveapps.com ?

First time I’ve seen a potential XRO competitor outside of MYOB/Sage/Intuit. Seems to be free for the customer.
    I’ve been using Wave for my sole practice consulting service for about 5 years now. It is fully featured and provides everything for my size business. I don’t know how well it scales up but can’t find any fault with it. Yes, it is free with no add on micro transactions. I expect they will start charging a subscription fee at some stage.

Disc. Hold Xero (and will continue to). Xero has a much stronger marketing presence.

Advanced Member

So Kingfish now has 3% of Xero. $8mil position.

ETA 3% of Kingfish. Not Xero.
    Last edited by artemis; 17-10-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    So Kingfish now has 3% of Xero. $8mil position.
    Would that be 0.17% of Xero
    SCOTTY

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Would that be 0.17% of Xero
    Fixed. Xero is 3% of Kingfish.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    I just bought a few XRO shares – only a few because you don’t get many when they are $35.
    It’s not normally something I would do, buy when it is so high, but I took the advice of William O’Neil and bought XRO rather than MPG: -
    21. “What seems too high and risky to the majority generally goes higher and what seems low and cheap generally goes lower.” -William O’Neil

http://www.learntotradethemarket.com/forex-articles/28-motivational-quotes-from-top-traders

I am out of my comfort zone with this buy but I listened to Robert Arnott:-
    23. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott

When I placed my buy order with ASB I ignored the big red SELL that Morningstar has on it with a valuation of $23. What would they know. Mr Market says is it worth $35.45 and he is always right.
    Sentiment is driving this rise in price - fear and greed, exuberance, euphoria, excitement and enthusiasm.
    Go Xero you’ve been over $40 before!
    Not a great start. Down 5% today hopefully just a one day sell off!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Not a great start. Down 5% today hopefully just a one day sell off!
    You need big ones to ride the Xrocoaster,like any share, when you buy in at a higher price, expect nervous volatility.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You need big ones to ride the Xrocoaster,like any share, when you buy in at a higher price, expect nervous volatility.
    I don't know about nervous volatility, but I do know a few accidental millionaires who own XRO (mainly early investors) and are really smart people who have learnt that apportioning a substantial parcel to the bottom drawer leaves them a 'trading parcel' that they quietly feed into the market on these periods of strong SP growth. Some will buy another Maserati or house with the profits, or whatever takes their fancy cos they're rich now, some very rich, while others hold that cash for the inevitable dips and ease back in on SP weakness, thereby increasing their holdings. Not bad for a bunch of noobs when they first bought Xero, none of whom had any idea the company would be banging on $5 billion valuation. As I said, accidental millionaires, but not stupid noobs anymore watching a $45 spike and then holding back to $13, oh no, they're feeding the exhuberance in a remarkably calculated and savvy manner. It's quite the eye opener.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I don't know about nervous volatility, but I do know a few accidental millionaires who own XRO (mainly early investors) and are really smart people who have learnt that apportioning a substantial parcel to the bottom drawer leaves them a 'trading parcel' that they quietly feed into the market on these periods of strong SP growth. Some will buy another Maserati or house with the profits, or whatever takes their fancy cos they're rich now, some very rich, while others hold that cash for the inevitable dips and ease back in on SP weakness, thereby increasing their holdings. Not bad for a bunch of noobs when they first bought Xero, none of whom had any idea the company would be banging on $5 billion valuation. As I said, accidental millionaires, but not stupid noobs anymore watching a $45 spike and then holding back to $13, oh no, they're feeding the exhuberance in a remarkably calculated and savvy manner. It's quite the eye opener.
    I was hoping to do that with Wynyard Baa Baa Unfortunately I am still stupid noob
    Last edited by RupertBear; 17-10-2017 at 07:09 PM.