sharetrader
Page 10 of 733 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    ... And they've only just got going .... 616% rev growth ... flash in the pan? I think not! ... 2000 customers in UK, doubled customers in first qtr 2009! ...

BTW ... to compare XRO to Advantage Group is a joke as they are absolutely nothing like ADV in any way, shape or form ... (except they both did web sites ... but come to think of it - so just just about everyone nowadays including my granny!)
    You didn't by near that top did you ; )

Agree the XRO story is much better. Great management/Directors. Massive real growth via leverage of real product/service and all delivered via web to MASSIVE international markets (this side has just begun) and all operated from this side of the world. Lets see if this one can get to 5 bucks quicker, and stay there : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jess9 View Post

Agree the XRO story is much better. Great management/Directors.
    Anyone get the feeling that this is another 42Below or TradeMe. Will be managed to grow like hell, and then sold internationally for a truckload.
    Not going to be a dividend play. Hang on for a wild ride.
    Mx

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    ... And they've only just got going .... 616% rev growth ... flash in the pan? I think not! ... 2000 customers in UK, doubled customers in first qtr 2009! ...

BTW ... to compare XRO to Advantage Group is a joke as they are absolutely nothing like ADV in any way, shape or form ... (except they both did web sites ... but come to think of it - so just just about everyone nowadays including my granny!)
    Wow, you've had a lot of the Kool-Aid huh?

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of time for Xero, but if you work out how much they've spent adding each user, how can you *not* grow at 616%, especially off a base of nearly zero?

If I stand on a street corner selling $1.20 cans of coke that I bought for 80 cents for 40 cents each, I'm gonna have a *hell* of a growth rate.

If you bought shares in me, then you'd be buying the profits I can make in future - clearly, with that model, it only works with new capital being continually added and, once the money flow stops, it is then we see the difference between a business and a ponzi scheme.

There is nothing wrong with spending money to make money but at some point, you *do* need to make money, or at least record sales that match your number of customers.

Truth time is coming up for Xero, and despite my devils advocate nature, I give them half a chance too. However, as an investor, I reckon you're paying a very, very high price for a speculative punt.

I'd much rather buy them for a P/E of 18 in 2-3 years time once the "blue sky" crowd have got bored.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Belg - have you looked at ebay recently?

If you believe that they have anything that borders on a long term durable competitive advantage, you'd have to be damn tempted at todays price. I am, its just the exposure to the USD I'm not as keen on.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Shares have been issued...

I wonder how deep the sell off will be and if the price will bounce back....

I think the sell off will be pretty deep, lots of players got in the game for a quick profit on the SPP

I'm out at 1.35 looking at buying back in after a bit of a dip

me also - I am expecting $1m+ turnover in the next 2 days.

Will be interesting
    Last edited by Peitro; 25-05-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Interesting indeed especially since daily turnover is typically very low

How are people selling off already. I haven't recieved notification that my shares are available to sell yet