sharetrader
Page 101 of 733 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up Saving Money

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I thought this was quite interesting too:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...th-10-000-lure

Xero offering to pay a bonus of up to $10k to software developers IF they skip a recruitment agency and land a job with the company direct.

Other interesting points from the article:

Hubbard (Xero's Human resources director) said it had 25 vacancies for developers on its books in Wellington alone.

& Xero now employed four people to scour job boards and social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter, scouting for talent.
    Recruitment agencies charge companies a significant sum of money when one of their candidates is accepted. It used to be 15% of the candidates first year salary.

Given the shortage of able programmers then this probably saves them money and also increases the number of candidates they get.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I know how you feel. I am starting to regret now selling a big clump in the $11's. But I can't make myself buy back in. I will just let the rest go to its conclusion...whatever that may be.

Its a weird feeling when you sell something but the next day the remaining portfolio has increased to the same value...
    I remember that feeling well. In 1999, and 2006.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Recruitment agencies charge companies a significant sum of money when one of their candidates is accepted. It used to be 15% of the candidates first year salary.

Given the shortage of able programmers then this probably saves them money and also increases the number of candidates they get.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Yep, the recruitment agents tend to hang around for their handouts as long as possible. I know this industry well as sometimes had to use them in contracts I did overseas. Always better to organise direct as many recruiters talk the jargon but don't know difference between Unix/Windows/Linux or Sys Admin/Helpdesk, etc. Much better Xero doing things this way, for all, including bottom line.

Grr missed a few buses this week (pretty much all of them)

I doubt whether XRO shareprice will ever collapse

Would have thought there would be some profit taking now but nope, still going strong. Then again, I guess you'd need to contemplate where to invest those profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskeez View Post
    Grr missed a few buses this week (pretty much all of them)
    I know the feeling. Been watching DIL spiral out of my comfort zone. XRO is not really explainable from my point of view. Even SNK I don't get but I have the feeling that I am going to miss out there too.

Haha yeah luckily for us if you miss one bus, theres always another one on the way. I brought into xro @ $10 and sold at $11 and thought to myself .. phheww that was lucky.... nekk minit

I guess it might be possible for the company to split the stock if the rise continues. Maybe 10 for 1? Would anyone like to have a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    That would give it 2.2 billion shares after the SPP is finished. I somehow doubt that will happen...
    Ah, true... That 's far too many shares...