sharetrader
Page 12 of 733 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Wonder if that Sam Stewart is going to do another update .... that analysis linked above was pretty good

Xero's product by all accounts is impressive. It is also beautifully scalable. With the right channels in place (which appear to be in place) uptake could well be, well amazing. An interesting one to follow.

Revaluation once they reach breakeven point?

My experience with these sort of stocks is, yeah, they do get a revaluation as they approach break even point....usually downwards!

Once you have even the glimmer of an "E", it makes people actually look at the "P" rather than assume it *must* be a bargain because the company is about to take over the world.

Don't get me wrong, I like Xero. But a lower risk stock as someone above said? No way!
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

I’m expecting another jump July/August when BT in the UK and Telstra in Aussie start pushing this product in their ICT offerings.

The big make or break in my mind is whether this can come off in America where integration with banks could prove difficult.

I agree that from July/August forward will be very important in terms of customer growth. I imagine that it will take a little while for Telstra and BT marketing to get traction but hopefully will result in a much improved rate of customer growth. I'll be looking forward to the regular updates about paying customer number and average revenue per customer. Sam Stewarts analysis will be useful for comparison.

I should mention as well that I got in with capital raising so hold a small parcel. Could sell for not a bad little profit but think the company has a way to go yet. Not sure how long it will take though.
    Last edited by Raven; 25-06-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Stranger danger,
    I actually agree with you.
    Re rating will happen once we know that break even point will almost definitely occur at some time in the near future. It will then get priced in. Maybe then drop as it approaches that actual point.

I don't think this is a high risk stock, I am quite happy with the risk/return potential on this one. Happy to have a few of them to keep it interesting though.

Cheers,
    MPC

Advanced Member

I started to take an interest in these but got cold feet when I studied the recent charts - not that I am a charting expert, by any means, but I know enough to indicate that the present does not seem to be an auspicious time to buy in.
    Will keep watching from the sidelines, for the time being.

Hi Colin,
    Can you expand on your charting views please?
    Share movements seem to reflect the recent capital raising and profit taking from being given cheap shares.

Cheers,
    MPC

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MPC View Post
    Hi Colin,
    Can you expand on your charting views please?
    Share movements seem to reflect the recent capital raising and profit taking from being given cheap shares.

Cheers,
    MPC
    Sorry MPC, nothing sophisticated, its just that the trend seems to be flattening out. I would want to see more evidence of distinctly "higher lows" before I took the buying plunge. However, if I was an existing investor I would continue to hold for the time being.

Sweet. Thanks Colin