sharetrader
Page 129 of 733 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

It's been an amazing ride. Got in on the game last year when it was at $3.60.. I always knew it was heading to this market cap and beyond but had no idea it would do it at this pace. Just seems to be snowballing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    It's been an amazing ride. Got in on the game last year when it was at $3.60.. I always knew it was heading to this market cap and beyond but had no idea it would do it at this pace. Just seems to be snowballing.
    Make hay while the sun shines and make sure you have an exit strategy for when the snowball reaches the top of the hill and starts sliding down the other side at a faster pace

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Sold out just under half about 3 months ago at $11. A quick check shows that I gave away a years after tax salary. I know you shouldn't focus on these things but....and I know it could easily go the other way but.....
    Yep, with you there. I think we both sold in the same week. At that time however, it was an amazing price, and we couldn't justify it, so we sold and remember how happy we were? It was the right decision at the time

I have an email to my partner suggesting we sell our 50000 gag we bought in1996

And buy Xerox at 2.2.2.275..... no reply duh
    The only thing I am still concerned is these guys are only anX X away from being the next Xerox

Pols for the fat fingers but u get my drift.?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boofters View Post
    Pols for the fat fingers but u get my drift.?
    Seriously! Use the edit button.

I wonder if any of the current buying is by NZ funds. While there is no requirement for active funds to hold shares based on the index, there performance is compared against the index. Not holding the top performing share in your comparison index must put a lot of pressure on the rest of your investment decisions!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Usual amount of vitriol on the NBR comments section. Do people really think that the poor mums and Dads are going to get burned on this? I can understand that it may all turn pear shaped tomorrow but my take is that the Mums and Dads are over at MRP getting burned there. Xero investors generally buy the story and realise that its risky.

Anyway an article on the Herald suggests that this is the year of aggressive marketing in the US starting with Xerocon in San Fran to coincide with the Americas cup. Wish they wouldn't call it XeroCON. Maybe XeroGOOD or something....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    unfortunate to see the vitriol.

While Xero wasn't for me as an investment (couldn't justify being in DIL, XRO and PEB all at the same time), I acknowledge the value of the people behind the company, and the investors/directors backing the strategy. I use the software, and I agree its very good.
    Simiply didn't invest, thinking that the price is highly inflated( might crash like IT/tech shares in 2000)....but it continues to rise. Are WE missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Simiply didn't invest, thinking that the price is highly inflated( might crash like IT/tech shares in 2000)....but it continues to rise. Are WE missing something here?
    I think it could easily just crash through a sudden loss of confidence. However the Herald article quotes Brian Gaynors opinion that the price is being driven by tech savvy investors in the US who are interested in the rise of customer numbers rather than traditional measurements. They of course could be completely wrong but it makes me feel good that Xero is getting support from one of the biggest economies in the world...