sharetrader
Page 171 of 733 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Not so far, if you are in that situation & happy to chat please give me a call - we can discuss ground rules first to check you are comfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I tell you what though, I think mine is a pretty good story (Would think XRO might like it too):

Traveler returns to NZ in 2008 after a 7 year OE to go back and study, thoughtful brother suggests XRO as an interesting investment opportunity, buys on market at around the $1.5 range, been selling down slowly ever since to fund several 5 years of study, now 1 year off completion of PhD in Economics....
    That is awesome, hat off to you, and a tad bit of luck on your side. Well done! and when your out and complete with your studies... 5 figures will be a thing of the past. Stoked for you.

I tell you what though, I think mine is a pretty good story (Would think XRO might like it too):

Traveler returns to NZ in 2008 after a 7 year OE to go back and study, thoughtful brother suggests XRO as an interesting investment opportunity, buys on market at around the $1.5 range, been selling down slowly ever since to fund several 5 years of study, now 1 year off completion of PhD in Economics....
    Awesome. Call the reporter. $1.50 is close enough. I am sure that he would like to hear it. Positive news story could be good for the share price and maybe another year of study...

Banned

Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yup, certainly acknowledge I've had a bit of luck.
    Well done, if you don't mind what other stocks are you invested in apart from snakk.

Banned

Not invested in SNK mate - (I was but sold holding at 0.145 after SPP)

My portfolio consists of PEB, ATM, HNZ, RYM, SUM, NZO, FBU, WHS, CNU, AAPL, and IXJ.
    Thanks buddy, mind saying how much. Is this part of you doctorate research...just joking.

Banned

No probs.
    No I don't like to divulge exactly how much, I'm a small retail investor (and a student to boot) so you can probably infer some sort of range from that.
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Well done Tumeric, great story, good on you for listening to your brother, I can't get my kids to put any money in the sharemarket

老外

I WANTED to get in on the IPO all those years ago as I thought it was a great idea and was backed by some great investors.

Unfortunately I was moving to Malaysia and had to save my money, but I had 30k at the time ready to go. And to think that would be worth 600k now... oh dear! Ahhh well, live and learn, now I realise investing is about following your gut too! In the end I got in at $2.75 but due to life circumstances had to leave at a measly 100% profit, despite wanting to stay in for the long haul...

Now I will hopefully go and work for them (as an IT guy about to come back into the country) and get some of my imaginary lost earnings back!

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Well done Tumeric, great story, good on you for listening to your brother, I can't get my kids to put any money in the sharemarket
    I told my boys, 6 and 8, that I owned a gold mine (NTL). Instant interest. I explained how it worked and my youngest wanted to own some planes so I explained how that worked and went in with him on some Air NZ shares. He bought $30 with his savings and I got some as well.(a few more than $30). I pay him his dividend share when it comes out and keep track of it in a spreadsheet for him. The oldest hasn't decided yet but keeps looking at the NZX site.
    Last edited by Toasty; 14-10-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spleling

I was an early investor in XRO, as well as BLT, RAK and SNK (the latter because it was said they were "another Xero - yeah, right!). Oddly enough three accountant friends of mine were quite negative every time I bought Xero shares and I suspect I just went opposite to their views. Needless to say the other shares apart from XRO have turned belly up, but thankfully I held on to XRO. No, I am not go to tell how much I have lost with my BLT investment which I thought would make me a millionaire.....