sharetrader
Page 221 of 733 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

I wondering if the CS First Analyst is sweating right now. He gives it a target of $45.70 and it promptly drops through the floor...sort of..

Somehow I can't help but feel that some analyst reports are just telling people what they want to hear, Kind of like property valuers.

OOPS is this a healthy correction.

And to think I was going to buy when they first listed, but went with sealegs insteads.

Stop loss kicked in. Well, that was an entertaining 24 hours of XRO ownership.

wow.. what the hell is going on today

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    After you, my good man.
    Dead cat bounce------STAY OUT/AWAY !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Geez Roger you just had to say POP...
    Only because I was specifically invited to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
    Roger I am an accountant and Xero has got a great product, the thing is if you don't like that the SP has hit the roof and I guessing you are not in on it, granted bubbles burst and you have to bet what you can afford to lose
    Its a good product but many people stick with the devil they know and there's a very, very, very wide range of accounting programms out there. The way this stock is being priced you'd think they have a completly new way of inventing the wheel that makes all other accounting programms redundent !! I invest in high quality profitable companies with a proven business model and strong growth prospects. Remember the tech bubble ?, quite obviously some don;t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I wondering if the CS First Analyst is sweating right now. He gives it a target of $45.70 and it promptly drops through the floor...sort of..

Somehow I can't help but feel that some analyst reports are just telling people what they want to hear, Kind of like property valuers.
    No analyst can accuratly value this stock and anyone pretending to do so is doing exactly what you're suggesting. Any valuation is based on a whole range of expectations and future theoretical projections, any of which could be wildly inaccurate with an unproven company such as this. Pure speculation plain and simple.

Now I'll repeat, I was invited to comment by another member at the Auckland meeting, and that's the only reason i did. Obviously I've been wasting my time and people only want to hear good news so i'll leave it at that.

Guru

Scary - it has dropped to levels not seen since yesterday lunch time!!!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post

Don''t think the SC analyst would sweat on one day's trading. nothing has changed on the Xero story so the drop is just traders doing what the do best - trading.
    As for the nervous comments on this thread about people sweating because it moves downward intra-day. This stiock is not for you - stick with blue chips.
    Rogers comments made me laugh. Appreciate that you are an experienced accountant but you do not dictate what the customers does. If a customer finds that a competitor is more efficient (and thus productive) from using a better accounting system and his/her 'dinosaur'accountant refuses to supply them what they want, ten guess what. Some times a disruptive technology will come along in even the most conservative industries. There will always be some that refuse to adopt (or even explore the potential profitability gains) of a disruptive technology at their peril. Hell, you even see that in retail v online (Jerry Harvey springs to mind).

If anything these corrections prove that this is not a bubble. The corrections are just honest profit taking for investors who are happy to take back some hefty gains. I imagine all the big new investors from overseas who have purchased up big are sitting tight and ready for this story to play out long term.