sharetrader
Page 222 of 733 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322722 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Scary - it has dropped to levels not seen since yesterday lunch time!!!
    Haha! End of the world material in the world of Xero.

If I'm not mistaken, today may be the largest volume/value ever traded? Just touched over 900k/$35m so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dellow View Post
    Appreciate that you are an experienced accountant but you do not dictate what the customers does. If a customer finds that a competitor is more efficient (and thus productive) from using a better accounting system and his/her 'dinosaur'accountant refuses to supply them what they want, ten guess what.
    Also given that they are targetting small/medium companies I would imagine switching accounting packages wouldn't be a big a deal unlike the huge companies that use SAP etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    If anything these corrections prove that this is not a bubble. The corrections are just honest profit taking for investors who are happy to take back some hefty gains. I imagine all the big new investors from overseas who have purchased up big are sitting tight and ready for this story to play out long term.
    Agree. It is nice to have stock corrections. Follow the story not the intra-day action. (unless you re a pure trader).

If only they have Options on that stock. I would sell Butterfly for this month and hope volatilty perks up.

Roger i was joking about you saying Pop.

I appreciate your comments and am sure everyone else does. If people only want to hear good new's they shouldn't be investing.
    "One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." - William Feather.
    You would be stupid to ignore the other side.

I don't know if we are in tech bubble but i do think people are investing on dodgy fundamentals I can't and i don't see how anyone can get a decent valuation on Xero but if you look at GEO you can see how over priced it is and that something isn't right. It seem's people are investing just because Xero is going up. There are so many beginners investing in Xero right now me included who don't realize how risky it in fact is.

Although regardless of what i or anyone says at the end of the day the market is right and although i disagree with Xero's price it is going up astronomically. So instead of missing out on this opportunity , i've started doing some day trading using stop losses and being extremely careful selling out if something doesn't seem right like today when i exited at $41 because i didn't like the look of the depth on XRO.asx.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents don't rip me to shreds.

Disc: This is just my opinion take it with a cup of salt and don't trade based on what i say.

Last edited by Wolf; 07-11-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Now I'll repeat, I was invited to comment by another member at the Auckland meeting, and that's the only reason i did. Obviously I've been wasting my time and people only want to hear good news so i'll leave it at that.
    Don't go. Personally I like to hear all opinions good or bad. Especially when presented rationally. I also like flippant remarks.

I work for an accounting firm as a Business development person. Xero would have to be the best thing to have happened to us since accountants were invented. The customers love it because its easy to use and if something isn't right they can let us know electronically and we fix it on the fly. Conversations around their business are happening more often and because the information is almost real time we are generally talking about the same thing.

Virtually the whole practice is Xero based and if clients don't want to change we put them on Xero at our end and go to work on getting them to dump their current software. Usually this is after a couple of meetings and a demo. Vcitims this week. Two MYOB clients and a Freshbooks user. All blown away by the ease of use.

They also don't see the cost as its bundled into the service.

Things like invoicing customers directly through Xero and integrating payroll systems are also adding to the appeal. Potentially things could go to the next level if Xero start integrating directly with banking systems and other stuff I haven't even begun to comprehend.

I have to say, as my first time share trading - this IS fun isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    I have to say, as my first time share trading - this IS fun isn't it?
    yea wish their was 5 dollar swings everyday
    one step ahead of the herd

Also, I'll add ontop of my previous post about the fact that Xero was a revolution for our business; the fact that our accounts are keep under control, that staff without professional accounting experience are now managing our accounts with ease, and our accountant who is one of the biggest firms in my city has access to our Xero in real time. They love it - they have flyers and promotions in the accountancy for Xero and pushing all their customers to move over.

I can't really say what the American reaction will be. But I do feel that moving to the Xero system isn't the upheaval that is predicted by Roger. It's remarkably simple. When we switched it was a matter of days and we were just away with it. I see no reason that US SME's wouldn't be as flexible to change as we are.

I'm one of these newb investors that's been talked about - getting involved in a tech stock when 'I don't know what I'm doing.' But at least I do know about the product through and through which is why I am perhaps more comfortable with backing them and seeing what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Roger i was joking about you saying Pop.

I appreciate your comments and am sure everyone else does. If people only want to hear good new's they shouldn't be investing.
    "One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." - William Feather.
    You would be stupid to ignore the other side.

I don't know if we are in tech bubble but i do think people are investing on dodgy fundamentals I can't and i don't see how anyone can get a decent valuation on Xero but if you look at GEO you can see how over priced it is and that something isn't right. It seem's people are investing just because Xero is going up. There are so many beginners investing in Xero right now me included who don't realize how risky it in fact is.

Although regardless of what i or anyone says at the end of the day the market is right and although i disagree with Xero's price it is going up astronomically. So instead of missing out on this opportunity , i've started doing some day trading using stop losses and being extremely careful selling out if something doesn't seem right like today when i exited at $41 because i didn't like the look of the depth on XRO.asx.

Anyway that's just my 2 cents don't rip me to shreds.

Disc: This is just my opinion take it with a cup of salt and don't trade based on what i say.

Thanks. This is a momentum play, pure and simple and people have completly forgotten about fundamentals. I appreicate some big players backed the company very recently at $20, only time will tell if they're right and i was wrong at $13 and again since then but there is a serious amount of froth in this stock, surely any seasoned experienced investor remembers the tech bubble of 2000 / 2001 and can see it will will take many many years for this company to become even marginally profitable let alone earn a level of profit sufficient to justofy its present market capitalisation, which now exceeds Ryman, a company with arguably the most enviable growth record on the N.Z. market.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Don't go. Personally I like to hear all opinions good or bad. Especially when presented rationally. I also like flippant remarks.

I work for an accounting firm as a Business development person. Xero would have to be the best thing to have happened to us since accountants were invented. The customers love it because its easy to use and if something isn't right they can let us know electronically and we fix it on the fly. Conversations around their business are happening more often and because the information is almost real time we are generally talking about the same thing.

Virtually the whole practice is Xero based and if clients don't want to change we put them on Xero at our end and go to work on getting them to dump their current software. Usually this is after a couple of meetings and a demo. Vcitims this week. Two MYOB clients and a Freshbooks user. All blown away by the ease of use.

They also don't see the cost as its bundled into the service.

Things like invoicing customers directly through Xero and integrating payroll systems are also adding to the appeal. Potentially things could go to the next level if Xero start integrating directly with banking systems and other stuff I haven't even begun to comprehend.
    Its not hard to beat the MYOB system, easy pickings there. Clients fall into two distinct camps, those that will adopt new technology and those that are happy with the devil they know. Generally speaking people hate change. As stated above, there are many great systems out there and Xero don;t have the mortgage on all the good idea's nor is there really a good business moat around their systems and proceedures. You don't think other big software players will learn, adapt, change and improve their systems...
    $4Billion market capitalisation for an accounting software company buring cash and making growing losses...really I thought I'd seen everything during the last tech bubble LOL Anyone old enough to remember when Goats were $3,000 a head ? I remember as a young accountant sitting down with a goat farming client and asking how he thought Goat prices at the time were justified...what is it that they produce that makes them worth $3,000 a head I asked...anyway sorry, I digress, .but because its cloud based services it must be right...fear of missing out is all that's left driving this astonishing rise...anyway I suppose I'd better do some real work.
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.