sharetrader
Page 226 of 733 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Nice work with the stop. Its gone even lower in Australia (under NZD$33 now) so expect it to open even lower tomorrow. More stops will be hit??? Anyone who knows what they are talking about have a view on tomorrow?
    Have a gut feeling it will touch $30 but thats all it is - a gut feeling. But I think today is healthy. It was coming thats for sure. It will settle XRO news will continue to arrive from the company itself and the price will tick up over time. Last November it was $4.75 odd. Look at the journey the company (not the share price) has had over 12 months. Consider where the company will be in November 2014 with the built up momentum.

I don't have shares in XRO and obviously wish that at some stage I had managed to connect the dots and buy a loss making company for much less than $30 or so.

I just can not see how it can be valued more than that list of companies Roger listed today. I can understand that it might be in the future, but right now? I don't have any real skills in share investing (clearly otherwise I would have XRO shares) but I am genuinely interested in how people get to a $30+ value for the company? How are you going to make a return on investment?

As a tax payer you would hope that the appropriate tax treatment is being applied to people buy/selling as surely they aren't buying for the dividend stream from the share?

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Ranger View Post
    I note that accusations of it being a bubble are generally made by those I assume dont have shares. Oh dear.

Time will tell. Well, every share collapses at some stage and that will be the "proof" of bubbledom.... then when it recovers.....

Even today you can choose to focus on the reduction in shareprice by days end, or the fact that it reached a record high, take your pick.
    And you could reverse that reasoning by saying:

"I note that denials of it being a bubble are generally made by those I assume hold shares. Oh dear."

Quote Originally Posted by jmsnz View Post
    I don't have shares in XRO and obviously wish that at some stage I had managed to connect the dots and buy a loss making company for much less than $30 or so.

I just can not see how it can be valued more than that list of companies Roger listed today. I can understand that it might be in the future, but right now? I don't have any real skills in share investing (clearly otherwise I would have XRO shares) but I am genuinely interested in how people get to a $30+ value for the company? How are you going to make a return on investment?

As a tax payer you would hope that the appropriate tax treatment is being applied to people buy/selling as surely they aren't buying for the dividend stream from the share?
    I can only say that people who do not understand the share market stick to what they know.A farmer knows farming,an industrialist knows his industry ,an income investor sticks to the bank or whatever but this market at the present time has even the so called geniuses fooled.Sorry but one has to be blunt. Kind regards.....

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    I can only say that people who do not understand the share market stick to what they know.A farmer knows farming,an industrialist knows his industry ,an income investor sticks to the bank or whatever but this market at the present time has even the so called geniuses fooled.Sorry but one has to be blunt. Kind regards.....
    So the premise is essentially that when I learn more about the share market I will understand the return I will get by paying $30+ for XRO today. Personally, I think I would be better trying to understand the value of the company itself, todya and in the nfuture, but obviously learning more about the way the market works can't be a hinderance either.

Still interested at how I calculate the value here?

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    A well developed spreadsheet using NPV in Excel for XRO, and based on the next 12 years of possible income the current MCap looks about right, but it depends on the depreciation rate (18% chosen).

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/valuing...hour-ts-146706
    JMSNZ - Value? - have a look at what this guy did
    Last edited by winner69; 07-11-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apac View Post
    In the scoop article where everyone's been talking about earlier this month, it mentioned: "The returns a venture capital (VC) investor want – 5-20x the investment that they make".

Does that mean potentially investors see Xero share price go up at least another 5 times? so over $100?

And if Scoop's scenario 3 and 4 predictions are correct, Xero could have over 1m customers in by FY16?

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU131...-valuation.htm

Personally, I think the $180m funding changes everything. Xero is no longer fully priced, and even scenario 4 value of $30.91 seem cheap.
    jmsnz - value - that scoop link is worth looking at

Mark is a guru

Winner, that link just gives a 404 error - do you have the content somewhere?

Posts crossed found the Scoop one

Haha what a day, i was going to sell when it hit 40(bought yesterday)but greed set in and i thought nah ill wait to see if we can get to 45. I had a weeks wages profit sitting there again then half a hour later it was gone, i didnt think it would recover today so sold and made enough for a burger and broker fees. So not a total loss. Good times.
    Looking to get in again for a day trade or two when conditions are good.

Can finally breath! In at $19 out at $35.5 yesterday. Done my dash with Xero. Very best luck to all holders! Still great things to come.