sharetrader
Page 227 of 733 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by samshields View Post
    Can finally breath! In at $19 out at $35.5 yesterday. Done my dash with Xero. Very best luck to all holders! Still great things to come.
    You understand the stock, why not trade it some more?

Twitter - making a loss to the tune of $130m debuts on NYSE to 75% premium valuing company over $31b. Likely to have a ripple effect on Xero today?
    Last edited by Shore; 08-11-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Yes i have to agree i think we have seen the end of this run for now, maybe a small bounce sometime but i wont be looking to trade it. Would have liked to stag some twitter shares though. But hey who wouldnt

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    Twitter - making a loss to the tune of $130m debuts on NYSE to 75% premium valuing company over $31b. Likely to have a ripple effect on Xero today?
    XRO still more expensive on a P/R basis but it's XRO so sure, why not.

One would argue though that Xero's runway is considerably larger compared to Twitter whose growth is slowing up (and who still has to continue to find ways to monetize its product more effectively).

$180 million dollars raised
    Entrepreneur of the year
    Cashflow up
    CS First target price of $45.70

Maybe we need some bad news to drive the price up?

The market typically ignores good news at a time like this. Not that the situation's changed or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    Twitter a success ipo on the back of zero maybe

Ok so some off market trades this morning totalling $6,120,256 for 158,334 shares. Seems alright?

So 6 1/2 years into their business nobody can reliably predict when they'll actually make a profit, let alone be cash flow positive.
    I was chatting about this bizarre situation with an accountant friend of mine last evening and he reckoned there are circa 100 different accounting programms out there. Of course the Xero fans will claim there's is outrageously better. Now we have Twitter listing at circa 100 times its annual revenue which of course confounds tradtional investors such as myself who can see no logic to this bizarre situation.
    As indicated yesterday all a seasoned investor can do is refer back to history, the dot com bubble / tech bubble being the most recent case studies but also the Goat and Deer boom and bust not to forget the Tulip bubble.

Naturally Xero enthusiasts will claim its different this time, it really is, this is game changing and ground breaking stuff, of course they would say that wouldn't they...its just that some of us have heard all the B.S. before and some havn't so they're happy to buy into the latest craze on the basis that it simply must be a good investment, look how fast its going up, you simply can't go wrong and its a licence to print money.

If its so good I am puzzled why not a single client of mine has asked about "upgrading" to Xero, maybe because I'm not ramming it down my clients necks like some other accountants are or just maybe they're happy with thier present system and have no idea why someone would want to fix something that's running perfectly well ? Still what would an old Dinosaur know...back to my cave to ponder the meaning of life...not to forget the mysteries of valuation methodologies. Quite obviously that A pass I got in Investment analysis at Auckland University in the late 1980's is completly useless now...
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.