sharetrader
Page 319 of 733 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Guru

Good review from Computerworld. Didn't actually read it but it looks like Xero just pipped the competition:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/21047...ting-apps.html

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Good review from Computerworld. Didn't actually read it but it looks like Xero just pipped the competition:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/21047...ting-apps.html
    Interesting, was expecting Xero to be a fair bit ahead of Intuit to be honest. Instead it looks like Xero won out by a nose!

I guess the below is flattering at least. Looks like the classic Zeppelin raid. Bomb Xero homeland to divert resources from the front line.

"On Friday Intuit raised eyebrows at the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers’ Sydney conference by promoting its top-of-the-range cloud accounting program for just $5 per month.

QuickBooks Plus usually costs $35 per month which already undercuts its main rival Xero by at least $15. But the new marketing campaign signals a new stage of the cloud accounting war – Intuit is trying to hobble Xero before it can establish itself in Intuit’s home market, the US."
    http://boxfreeit.com.au/2014/03/10/p...ting-campaign/

Howdy, was at an accountants conference two days ago and Rod was one of the presenters. He's certainly upbeat and kept mentioning "millions" of customers numerous times which was an encouraging sign. A couple of things he mentioned was that Xero were switching on the Australian tax functionality (i think referring to a direct link through to the ATO) which (in his words) meant "killing" MYOB there, and that MYOB was "s&$%" which went down well with the crowd. Regards Intuit he spoke about the multi day outages they had been experiencing in America, and that Xeros senior people were much better than theirs. Mentioned that they were the leader in the UK, now ahead of Sage. Certainly an entertaining and switched on guy, ready to conquer the world. Good stuff.

Outside thinking.

... was at an accountants conference two days ago and Rod was one of the presenters
    Nice to have this update... thanks.... Love the talk of millions of customers!! Still a way to go tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Malpaso View Post
    Howdy, was at an accountants conference two days ago and Rod was one of the presenters. He's certainly upbeat and kept mentioning "millions" of customers numerous times which was an encouraging sign. A couple of things he mentioned was that Xero were switching on the Australian tax functionality (i think referring to a direct link through to the ATO) which (in his words) meant "killing" MYOB there, and that MYOB was "s&$%" which went down well with the crowd. Regards Intuit he spoke about the multi day outages they had been experiencing in America, and that Xeros senior people were much better than theirs. Mentioned that they were the leader in the UK, now ahead of Sage. Certainly an entertaining and switched on guy, ready to conquer the world. Good stuff.
    Have to say that his confidence certainly rubs off.
    Competitors offering $5/month subscriptions smacks of desperation. At a time that Xero has increased prices and still outpacing the pack on customer growth %. Accountants and business owners aren't stupid and I doubt they will choose a supplier offering an unsustainable product for the sake of $30 odd per month.
    Intuit already get twitter criticism for wait times on support. How can you justify giving ANY support for $5?

Banned

Man watching Xro this morning is giving me eye strain its all over the place,quite exciting better than a video game.

The usual round of Friday profit taking, it'll be back up next week. The Intuit price drop may be having a minor impact, hard to say. I see Wynyard is doing some capital raising; we all know what happenned when Xero did this back in 2012 .... will be jumping on their share issue as well with hopefully similar results down the line, though to no where near the same degree as Xero.

Everyone still holding on tight? Can't wait for it to bounce back up and exceed $50, then $60 etc.... and when they announce listing in US, that's when the real fun begins.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Some pretty awesome appointments from XRO announced today!
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3547323
    I know this occurred a month ago, but I have been doing some research on Sam Knowles and noticed that he quit Xero (with immediate effect on 12/2) as well as cashing up his shares in the company forthwith. I might be wrong, but there doesn't appear to be any corresponding comment on this thread about what might be behind this resignation.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers