sharetrader
Page 362 of 733 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Perspective Couta....the market is always totally sane...its the participants wanting/needing and expecting certain results that is insane. If everyone thought like you then it should follow that the market would always be in agreement with your thoughts and requirements, correct? When the market does what we want its not because we know anything or are good at what we do..its simply that for that particular moment in time we are aligned with a majority of other traders. Call me Mr.Cynical ..I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep as of tomorrow morning I'm tuning out of the market during the day,will just check my portfolio for the normal news icons first up,don't see the point in watching more carnage and a running commentary on the forum when your deep in the red and riding out the storm,will be looking for those blue arrows on the US market to reappear,yep wash,rinse,hang out, bring clean clothes back in and repeat cycle again. PS-Heading to the psych unit to work in expect to find more sanity there than the market at the moment
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I consider sectors such as biotech, Internet retail, health care technology and semiconductor equipment stocks as the most vulnerable. Tomorrow and coming week is very crucial days for XERO. One of the important barriers for XERO is NZD 30. Other one is NZD 20. Just like humans in some situation markets and stocks could behave in a very strange way. As I said before once we see down trend for stocks we don’t know how low they can go. Only time will tell us. Be fearful when others become greedy and be greedy when others become fearful will have to apply in some situations.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 13-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.

I love how nature invariably plays a part in how things turn out and no finer example than Fibonacci numbers (even moosie mentioned them the other day so must be good)

From taking from when the big guys bought in to the peak of $45 the 50% retracement is $31.50. Bounced off it the other day and closed just below it on Friday.

So another bounce? If not the next step down according to Mr Fibonacci is $28.30

If real carnage then $24.40 - the Mike Tyson lead before the knockout blow at $18.00

Of course it will bounce off that $31.50 line eh ..... and even then a double bottom which is all good news anyway

LOL I suppose these mythical beings live down at the bottom of my (or your?) garden and are fond of sharing a little light lunch with the leprechauns. Or maybe they are plugged into the Matrix?
    Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    not cynical at all birmanboy the best traders are in tune with market sentiment which can change hourly.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I imagine Xero will be keeping a close on this one. Business SaaS service, similar growth rate and revenue numbers.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/10/zen...rities-to-box/

wait for wall st futures open at 10am then that will dictate how big boys act
    one step ahead of the herd

if the futures gap down at open you might get bigger re-action in stock prices

http://www.investing.com/indices/us-...advanced-chart
    http://www.ig.com/au

i use different but these you will see top for futures, bottom for cash market
    - just a note the markets are delicately poised on support so could go either way today an important week for sure

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep as of tomorrow morning I'm tuning out of the market during the day,will just check my portfolio for the normal news icons first up,don't see the point in watching more carnage and a running commentary on the forum when your deep in the red and riding out the storm,will be looking for those blue arrows on the US market to reappear,yep wash,rinse,hang out, bring clean clothes back in and repeat cycle again. PS-Heading to the psych unit to work in expect to find more sanity there than the market at the moment
    If your in for the long haul,thats probably not a bad idea Couts.
    I think the strategy of long term holding and closely checking the market several times a day,dont mix.
    Thats why they say put them in the bottom drawer and forget about them.(although its more commonly used for more blue chip stocks rather than specs)

I dont necessarily agree,but if thats your decision why put yourself through the agony as its not going to help your life.
    Work is good therapy for this sort of thing and Im sure your present work helps to put things into perspective of whats really important in life.
    They say that the worst stress is from things you cant do anything about--It may not be dealing directly with your present situation(except for making some dosh),but at least you are doing something.
    Perhaps with your amount of involvement you should at least "study up'' on the TA-FA thing just so you know a bit more about it, should you decide to change your strategy.

Good to know some of us posters will hopefully be in good hands at your unit should things get really worse

prices on the links wont up-date till 10am and after