sharetrader
Page 380 of 733 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

learning to see in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    10% is a bit rich to pay on open but I can't see anything but positives here for a big rebound.

Disc - glad I held cash and didn't buy DIL. Looking for an opening to get in
    Did you see the opening? Came and went about 30 minutes ago.

"H&R Block prepares one in every seven US tax returns" - That alliance HAS to be a big step up the ladder for Xero in the US.

Another test of 3100.. Are we seeing a reversal pattern?? Where will she close?? Two attempt theory??

See you at $60 per share??

learning to see in the dark

OK. So.... have to be honest, pretty perplexing afternoon. Given recent good news I was expecting a bit more of a kick, especially after the promising start. Certainly did not see the lower close coming. Any theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Ranger View Post
    ... I was expecting a bit more of a kick, especially after the promising start.
    Institutions already priced in a US sales partner of scale? Not unreasonable given Xero's strategy elsewhere and their recent stateside hires. Wonder how much significance the lower Q3 loss really has in the big picture given some serious money will need to be spent the coming months to get customer attention in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Here's a link to the Xero Blog take on the H&R Block strategic alliance.

http://www.xero.com/blog/2014/04/xer...pany-hr-block/

Milford have also made comment on the deal.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/busine...xero-to-profit
    I'm quite surprised that announcement hasn't had that big of an impact (previous announcements have had much sharper results!)

At the end of March 2014, XERO had 284,000 customers - growing at about 542 new customers a day since the end of January 2014. Assuming that rate of new customers hasn't changed, I estimate that XERO now has around 303,000 customers... So the magic 300,000 milestone has been reached..

I suspect though, the numbers are higher if the recent strategic alliances with KMPG and H&R Block are already helping to gain more traction in UK and US.

Anyone have any thoughts of how quickly and at what rate these alliances will help increase customer numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by zijiji View Post

- XERO gained 127,000 new customers in the 12 months to 31 March 2014. This works out to an average of 348 per day.

- Since the "we've reached over 252,000 customers" announcement at the end of January 2014, this works out to be 32,000 new customers or 542 per day (assuming it was last day of Jan they reached this figure). So growth per month appears to be accelerating and I estimate think they will reach 500,000 customers by end of April next year.

The question is, when will the make a profit from these customers, currently the more customers the bigger the loss ! 81% increase in subscriptions, loss more than doubled.
    Disc: No longer holding.
    From April :
    With monthly committed subscriptions growing to $7.8m, the recurring revenue model means that Xero commences its 2015 financial year strongly with $93m in annualised subscriptions (representing an 81% increase on the $51.5m reported at the same time last year).
    The net loss after tax for the second half of the year ending 31 March 2014 is anticipated to be similar to that reported for the first half resulting in a full year loss of approximately $35m, compared to $14.4m last year. Xero has expanded its team to 758 employees and has $210m of cash to fund its growth
    Last edited by In4a$; 05-05-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Guru

My guess is that it takes labor (sales staff-employees) to get new customers,but after that ,providing they stay,its pretty easy money in subscriptions.(There will always be running cost though)

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    My guess is that it takes labor (sales staff-employees) to get new customers,but after that ,providing they stay,its pretty easy money in subscriptions.(There will always be running cost though)
    You are right, but will they be in this phase for years to come, like, BLT, WDT, and the many others who have come and gone. Different products, but same problem. no profit. I made my share of $ from XRO, staying clear now.