sharetrader
Page 460 of 733 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

still appears to be an overall downward trajectory though.. 32.50 dropped to 23.50 before bouncing to 26.50.. then dropping to 20.17 and bouncing to $25.50 then dropping to $20 bouncing to $21.70. Each bounce is smaller than the last. Predicting next it will drop past the 20 support to bounce off 18 to $20. Pure speculation though I don't really know what I'm talking about..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    still appears to be an overall downward trajectory though.. 32.50 dropped to 23.50 before bouncing to 26.50.. then dropping to 20.17 and bouncing to $25.50 then dropping to $20 bouncing to $21.70. Each bounce is smaller than the last. Predicting next it will drop past the 20 support to bounce off 18 to $20. Pure speculation though I don't really know what I'm talking about..
    What you just described is a downward trend channel with lower lows and lower highs marking the outline of said trend. Just like the English Channel, this makes the stock very ruff

If anyone is interested, Rod Drury will be on 3rd Degree tonight starting at 8:30pm on TV3.

MYOB hits 100,000 online subscribers. I assume this is mostly Aus + NZ. Quite far behind Xero.

With the next presentation scheduled for 9 Oct, which will surely be a foreshadowing of the half year results to the end of September (to be released late Nov), I'd be interested in any thoughts on what sort of numbers we should be expecting. They reported around 280000 paying customers at the end of March, and were expecting around 80% growth. I'd be hoping for 380000+ customers at the end of Sept, looking out to 500000ish by next March. Any other perspectives?

In terms of where those customers are, I'm expecting pretty strong growth in Australia, and the beginning of a similar sort of curve in the UK. The unknown is, of course, North America, but personally I'm not expecting too much there for a few years. I hope to see the UK take off in 2015, and sustained growth in Oz.

In terms of revenue, with the falling NZD, there could be an upside surprise. At this stage I'm not following the revenue numbers as closely as customers.

Interested to to hear any speculation as we head toward 9 Oct. Given where the SP has been over the last six months, this investor presentation is going to be pretty important, I reckon.

Guru

The 3rd degree was an interesting watch--Kind of a combination of ''local co. makes good'' and ''How I lost my money on it''
    One thing that was evident was the task ahead of them with their competition (in the US) and that is where the companies fate will most likely be decided.
    Its a ''David and Goliath'' battle.
    Thats not to say that Xero wont win the battle,but it did bring things into perspective,especially in relation to those share holders who were starting to refer to XRO as an almost blue chip stock.
    It will be good for NZ if they succeed-we need more than just meat and dairy (Have'nt heard the ''rock star economy'' being bantered around so much lately,now that dairy prices have fallen)

Lets see if the show has any effect on todays SP
    Last edited by skid; 25-09-2014 at 09:46 AM.

That was kind of funny how he bought shares and then watched them plummet. It was also interesting how when asked if he has considered any sort of 'plan b' if the US doesn't go according to plan, Rod simply refuses to acknowledge a US failure. Is it inspiringly confident? Or blind faith?

Guru

It was probably being realistic in a way (they really need the States)--also from a PR point of view ,it would be breaking basic rules of ''Public relations 101''

Talking about what you would do if you fail, or that you created your co. just to sell,is not a way to instil faith in your dream.
    Last edited by skid; 25-09-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Rod should have asked Phil Luddite Vine to define "failure in the US". That would have caught him on the hop.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
    That was kind of funny how he bought shares and then watched them plummet. It was also interesting how when asked if he has considered any sort of 'plan b' if the US doesn't go according to plan, Rod simply refuses to acknowledge a US failure. Is it inspiringly confident? Or blind faith?
    And amusing that he bought something like 4 shares (and lost his future Doc Martins)