sharetrader
Page 471 of 733 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Banned

They must be doing something right..doubling in Aus and UK. Proud to say its a NZ company and wish them all the best in their endeavours. We are never supporting all blacks when they are losing, or NZ team in Americas cup. All proud s/holders for long haul, a big salute too you all for the courage and faith in your company. For traders may be time for them to stick their nose some where else.

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    They must be doing something right..doubling in Aus and UK. Proud to say its a NZ company and wish them all the best in their endeavours. We are never supporting all blacks when they are losing, or NZ team in Americas cup. All proud s/holders for long haul, a big salute too you all for the courage and faith in your company. For traders may be time for them to stick their nose some where else.
    Agree. They are killing it in NZ, Aust and UK with a good product and happy 'sticky' customer base. It amazes me such NZ bashes of Xero's admirable efforts thus far. For me, just the unravelling dominance in these markets justifies the current SP.
    USA may be a harder nut to crack, but I do not see USA as the be all for Xero. If you can't handle the sp turbulence invest in Telecom (Spark).
    I congratulate Rob for taking the recent Aust innovation award. Onward and upward and we must exercise patience as managements plan unravels. Hold long all.

Guru

If your satisfied with Xero only being successful in NZ,England and Australia-then you should be prepared to be satisfied with a lower SP to reflect that.
    Emotions dont make you money.
    If you leave -the company you love will still be there when you get back.

And Coutts--Being in for the long haul doesnt have to mean never selling and buying back in--Its not a justification for taking a financial beating.

I know the subject of DIL has been beaten to death ,but Ill never forget reading one of the posts in the middle of the mayhem---"just kill me''

gv-Your not allowing much room between the ''courage and faith''in for the long haul-and Traders--Theres a whole lot in between
    Last edited by skid; 11-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.

Banned

gv-Your not allowing much room between the ''courage and faith''in for the long haul-and Traders--Theres a whole lot in between[/QUOTE]
    Yeah for it to become the apple of NZ.

Guru

If the share price had not had the meteoric rise and fall I do not think we would be having these arguments. If the share price right now was $12 and that this $12 was its peak.. (ie it had climbed from $1 to $12 in the last 5 years) then people would be lauding this wonderful company with its innovative product (as it is) and expressing amazement at the phenomenal rise in share price and exploding wealth. (It normally takes between 20-25 years to grow wealth by 12 fold; (10%-13% compounding)) I guess traders and speculators were hoping for far more than an already phenomenally exceptional performance and have duly been disappointed. $40 and $5billion in capitalisation was a tall ask even with astronomic growth expectations.

We should forget what the doyen of NZ Tech commentators says in this tweet

Lance Wiggs @lancewiggs

Hard not be be wildly impressed with @Xero’s numbers. We have a genuine monster on our hands NZ. nzx.com/files/attachme…
    12:25 a.m. Thu, Oct 9

A monster that's going to chew a serious hole in some people's net worth if it doesn't start actually laying some golden eggs soon
    Just look at the TA, the chart looks absolutly horrendous. Tech sector in the US coming back down to earth slowly, NASDAQ down another 2% overnight doesn't bode well for Monday's trading here
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We should forget what the doyen of NZ Tech commentators says in this tweet

Lance Wiggs @lancewiggs

Hard not be be wildly impressed with @Xero’s numbers. We have a genuine monster on our hands NZ. nzx.com/files/attachme…
    12:25 a.m. Thu, Oct 9
    It is impressive. Over 80% growth again and it hasn't even taken off in its growth market. They are not afraid to try new things but will quickly fix them if they go wrong.

The investment decision is a different question. It obviously got ahead of itself at $40 but a price of $20 doesn't make it a failure. - the only failure is the gamblers who 'invested' at $40.

The market isn't always right. My 'guess' is $20 is probably fair value at the moment but I am a bit more optimistic on the U.S. market. Having said that, I won't be adding to my small investment till I see a turn around in investor sentiment - hopefully they will overshot on the downside and I will pick some more up cheap to recapture some of my current paperloss.

As a comparible - look at FBU. It got as high as $10, went down to $5 and is now higher again. A good business, impacted by short term factors which swings investor sentiment.

It is useful to have a look at the chart of xro, going back to jan 2012,till it got to $45,the fibonachi retracement on that upward trend is now at exactly 61.8,hopefully for all you holders this will be the turning point,but i guess we will see.
    i think this company has a long way to go yet (upward),this is mearly a correction in a longer term trend imop.

Banned

I'm with you NewGuy - I've watched the Xero story for a few years but have never held. It is great the earlier holders, if they held on, did really well with this company. However, being an exciting company, well run etc does not mean a company is a great investment, and certainly not at any price. My guess is that the cash burn rate will see Xero needing to do a decent size capital raising (c. $150m) late next year or early 2016. And if they keep burning cash like they are without showing tangible results in the US then that raise will be at something like $10.

I like what Xero has done but it is a very hard company to value. If they don't win in the US and then turn to profitablity in NZ/Aust/UK and make say NZ$50m NPAT then what are they worth - once they are in profit then traditional valuation metrics will make it hard to value them at NZ$2b+ IMHO. But I wish them well and hope for NZ's sake they prove me wrong in the US market.