sharetrader
Page 476 of 733 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by kerry View Post
    My money is on Xero, and Rod Drury being knighted.
    Heaven forbid the requirement for gaining a knighthood is reduced to lining your own pockets! Rod deserves respect for what he has achieved, but not a knighthood.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    So if ya shorted it at say 40 you be up 55% in less than a yr at the moment

wouldn't it be 170% if they bought at $18 to give back whence they came
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    If you bought back today you would have paid $18 and made $22 profit (less interest on shares loaned). I make that an approx 122% gain.
    Correct - I take 18 off 40 and got 32 ... ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    Where did you get that idea? Of course you can short stocks in NZ.
    https://www.forsythbarr.co.nz/invest...short-selling/
    Besides, investors like Couta may be willing to lend you some of theirs since they are in for the long haul.

RadioNZ this morning had guy saying XRO will NOT WIN in the US

And Harbour guy saying XRO fat too expensive (I think that was what he was trying to say in Analyst speak)

Here it is
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/20153287
    Last edited by winner69; 14-10-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Banned

The talking heads have spoken! SELL SELL SELL!

Wonder if they were the same ones pushing Xero as worth over $50 a share or telling retailers to buy just a mere 6 months ago?

I'll answer Mr Harbour Asset managements "no comment" on Xero egging investors on as well. Of course they did. Drury is quoted as saying he hoped Xero would be worth $50 billion one day, and worries were definotely played down at AGM time.

Traders/investors most definitely had a part to play in all this as well, pushing the stock up 7-10% day after day after day chasing momentum.

The Xero bubble has popped after we all started believing it was fairly valued (complacency - huge warning sign!). We all had a part to play in the madness. Interesting times ahead.

This could get really nasty, really quickly. Lots of stock coming off escrow will most likely weigh neagtively on the stock, then couple this with the serious likelihood that it will drop out of the MSCI World Index, then you have a lot of stock that needs to find a home... Sell pressure could be huge come mid november.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Intel View Post
    This could get really nasty, really quickly. Lots of stock coming off escrow will most likely weigh neagtively on the stock, then couple this with the serious likelihood that it will drop out of the MSCI World Index, then you have a lot of stock that needs to find a home... Sell pressure could be huge come mid november.
    So who's going to buy all these millions of shares supposedly about to be sold, answer only those that believe that Xro will ultimately be a success so for every negative there is a positive.

Guru

Im with you Couts! I believe Xro will be a success(well,maybe not the States) Ill be waiting to jump in when the dust settles (at $5)

El Toro~

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Im with you Couts! I believe Xro will be a success(well,maybe not the States) Ill be waiting to jump in when the dust settles (at $5)

I do as well and think the company is great.

I think its time they cut their losses in the states and focus on the UK market until they can build up a war chest of cash ans reputation then reenter the states at a later time and capture some market share once they already have a firm grip on other markets.