sharetrader
Page 478 of 733 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Panic selling mirroring the panic buying of a year ago. The song, however, remains largely the same, though with some timeframe tweaks. At the end of the day, they're still growing by over 100% in their main markets- a phenomenal rate. The only question is whether the world markets will tank further and therefore selling out and buying back in makes sense. Probably.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Too true, hoop. I hope they also read the sections on switching costs (which are a huge benefit to xero's competitors)
    It never pays to underestimate your competitors...Eh?........ I wonder how many forward projecting Fundamentalists have simply used extrapolating XRO growth trend without thinking just that...We haven't heard too much about switching costs have we ...yes, a great defensive mechanism for the Resident ..and one would only assume that when those Residents see their market becoming increasingly competitive, more defensive strategies would be deployed to make it even more expensive for a new competitor company like XRO to gain a foothold (customer)....
    Last edited by Hoop; 14-10-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Ok, im back from the deleted bin..now Xero, sorry Zero... is a nice little IIS product, standard MS stuff, nothing special really.. whats special is robs ability to get funding for bulk standard internet browser IIS developments, the development team understand internet development. it uses a standard rest api, so for example i could allow users all around the world to download and access Xero on there multi tasking windows laptops and there data from anywhere they have an internet connection and play with there xero data and for example play with it in MS Office.

i could also do the same for any other product that has an internet based database or XML based data service.

all good stuff right, check out the xero development center, once again nothing special there standard internet technologies.

once again nothing special....

now sorry about the stock price

but remember the old buffet rule

only invest in stock you understand, dont understand technology? well dont invest

if you do invest in this company and you dont know what a bulk standard IIS internet development is then take a punt, and the share price will take the punt with you.

Now be clear here little hobbits, this product is nothing special, throw enough money and people at a project and you will get a product.

Now some of you have been chatting away while i have been away saying stuff like this product is SPECIAL!!!!!!

Its not and there is not enough space here to tell you why Not.

But if you think money and people can take the battle field and win? The bet away, remember Henry V!!!

Xero has there bulk standard IIS applications running. The Americans cannot stop the apps running.

So while there is nothing special here you dont need something special to stay in the game and survive, you just need something that works....

and other people can come along and provide other special things or not so special things to make it better.

The problem is these other things can also run on OTHER peoples internet applications as well!!!!!!!

The idea that Xero cannot be replicated is not correct, take a look at the development specifications on there site and you will see that the transaction XML definitions are really very simple and do not allow for very many data attributes.

Data attributes will give you a hint as to how clever a system is... few attributes? well easy to supply data to and access which is good!!! KISS but for this to become something SPECIAL i am expecting to see a huge increase in the API and i MEAN HUGE!!!!

yes marketing is the key as you say, ride that wave....

now where is my Surf board!!!!!

is it really me?

once again little hobbits... love this SP graph, bough at 45 did we?

Dont know anything about IIS product technologies and you invested ? Oh dear..... perhaps you worked in an accounting office and you thought... this is a great product, its SPECIAL!!!!

Well lets hope lots of people just like you think so to because i for one want Zero to succeed... but its not going to be like you think .....

Notice when you develop for Xero it does not have a internet model for its applications that let you merge your services at the application design model base level. It also does not let an organisation have more then 2 private applications.

Luckily you can take your zero data with an internet connection and develop as many local service side applications as you want so that Xero does not limit our access to your data without paying lots of third party development fees...nothing SPECIAL HERE!!!!!! oh please.... this is such a simple model its almost brain dead!!!!
    Last edited by abstractionsInsoftware; 14-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    like most businesses...... a large marketing budget is the key to success.
    At the end of the day or when this is all over, the sp will be set on the price it wants to settle as dictated by the Market. So it was just another day folks. You buy when you think it's right or sell also when you think it's right. You cannot be both wrong or right in any point in time. But whatever, here's hoping you all make some decent gains/profit.

Quote Originally Posted by abstractionsInsoftware View Post
    Ok, im back...now Xero, sorry Zero... is a nice little IIS product, standard MS stuff, nothing special really.. whats special is robs ability to get funding for bulk standard internet browser IIS developments, the devlopment team understand internet development. it uses a standard rest api, so for example i could allow users all around the world to download and access Xero on there multi tasking windows laptops and there data from anywhere they have an internet connection and play with there xero data and for example play with it in MS Office.!!!
    Is that you surfersteve? I still struggle to understand what you are saying here. Do you have a competing technology?

The technology base that Xero runs on may be basic but the appeal I think was in the ability to get people to connect with their financials in a fun and meaningful way. I am not sure that the average customer knows or cares what programming language their numbers are on as long as they get efficiencies from using it.

Ok, im back...now Xero, sorry Zero... is a nice little IIS product, standard MS stuff, nothing special really..
    I guess if that's what you think, you don't really understand what they're trying to achieve.

You also probably think that Apple just makes a standard touch screen phone. Nothing special there! Google just makes a search engine. Nothing special there! Amazon is just a internet book shop. It's all just standard off technology behind all of them.

You might understand the nuts and bolts of technology but that seems the be where your understanding ends.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I guess if that's what you think, you don't really understand what they're trying to achieve.

You also probably think that Apple just makes a standard touch screen phone. Nothing special there! Google just makes a search engine. Nothing special there! Amazon is just a internet book shop. It's all just standard off technology behind all of them.

You might understand the nuts and bolts of technology but that seems the be where your understanding ends.
    well perhaps you have access to the internal OOP class framework for there accounting?

well i dont see anything special about the accounting model they are using either...

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE TRANSACTION FORMAT AND I HAVE SPENT THIRTY YEAR IN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE MODEL R&D

Nuts and Bolts?

my knowledge goes far beyond nuts and bolts.....
    Last edited by abstractionsInsoftware; 14-10-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Is that you surfersteve?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Xero isn't about the best technology, it is about the best User Experience. Add to that an affordable (opex, not capex) price and it is ideal for new and establishing businesses.

El Toro~

well perhaps you have access to the internal OOP class framework for there accounting?

well i dont see anything special about the accounting model they are using either...

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THE TRANSACTION FORMAT AND I HAVE SPENT THIRTY YEAR IN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE MODEL R&D

Nuts and Bolts?

my knowledge goes far beyond nuts and bolts.....

Well then why do you go and make something superior oh great one?

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
    Well then why do you go and make something superior oh great one?
    what is special about zero is the MONEY!!!! in the BANK and the number of programmers knocking out bulk standard code

its like WW1 on the internet.... Numbers are everything with internet apps

and zero is nothing like google...

and i want zero to succeed... it will allow a lot of R&D to be added to there products and new zealand to grow its IT base from our universities...

i am older now ... the future is for the young graduates..
    Last edited by abstractionsInsoftware; 14-10-2014 at 12:08 PM.