sharetrader
Page 481 of 733 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Unpleasant people with Asperger's syndrome

I HAVE SPENT THIRTY YEAR IN ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE MODEL R&D
    Possibly with lacklustre results? As noted, your techno rant bares little relevance to the strategic ability of the company to capture sales. Open Source zealot who doesn't play well with others perchance?

Actually it is not new at all. It is simply an old idea given a new name...
    Excellent post and summary. The real disruptor in this market will be the commodification, or even disappearance of the accountancy profession via the combination of cheap labour markets, automation and AI as can be seen in other white collar professions (e.g. the natural language algos currently replacing lawyers for contract settlement of uncontested divorces, property titles and the like).

Hmm. Just tuned into this thread to get an idea of what people think of the plunging share price and also get an idea of what people think will happen when some of the initial investors are able to sell their shares.

There's 5 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Hmm. Just tuned into this thread to get an idea of what people think of the plunging share price and also get an idea of what people think will happen when some of the initial investors are able to sell their shares.

There's 5 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.
    haha I agree there is alot of not much being said here at the moment.
    I'm hopeful they will not bail out crazy fast, but high profile investors can be very unpredictable.

Crazy to think this company is growing by roughly 476 clients a day, is that right?

How the hell do they organises that sort of carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post
    Crazy to think this company is growing by roughly 476 clients a day, is that right?

Can't remember the number but the bulk of these would be set up by the accountants and there are 13,000 so far? Its actually quite an easy process for the most part. I imagine Xero just has to make sure they have the server space available.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenterjoe View Post

They dont have to do anything! - it is done all online and they just have to ensure they pay the bill to Rackspace who host the server. Very cheap and very scalable.

The tough/expensive part is ensuring there is a constant flow of companies that hit the sign-up page. The network of accountants is very important for this - there is no better recommendation for accounting software than from your accountant.

Guru

Someone is selling down to 1750
    Could be worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    They dont have to do anything! - it is done all online and they just have to ensure they pay the bill to Rackspace who host the server. Very cheap and very scalable.

The tough/expensive part is ensuring there is a constant flow of companies that hit the sign-up page. The network of accountants is very important for this - there is no better recommendation for accounting software than from your accountant.
    And the US partner sign up rate is very strong which is being overlooked for some reason I haven't seen any discussion/comment in the media or here despite that being a big part of xeros strategy win advisors first then train encourage and give them a cut.