sharetrader
Page 482 of 733 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    The lack of business acumen displayed by some people on this thread gives me a headache. Trying to figure out which ones are trolls and which actually have no idea.

Is it too early for a stiff drink?
    I find it all quite entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstein View Post
    Hmm. Just tuned into this thread to get an idea of what people think of the plunging share price and also get an idea of what people think will happen when some of the initial investors are able to sell their shares.

There's 5 minutes of my life I'm not getting back.
    Looks like you can reply to yourself. Great. There is not too much going on in this article either.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-once-cap-goes

Nice work Goldstein.

Looks like you can reply to yourself. Great. There is not too much going on in this article either.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...-once-cap-goes

Nice work Goldstein.
    Haha way to give yourself a pat on the back, what are your thoughts on xero goldstein? feel free to pm me if your not keen on sharing with everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Haha way to give yourself a pat on the back, what are your thoughts on xero goldstein? feel free to pm me if your not keen on sharing with everyone
    I don't know to be honest Hawkeye. It's a shame that the escrow period is not ending under better conditions. I note that Rod Drury is still bullish on the US. Could be an interesting few days/weeks ahead.

Banned

Hey NG thanks for your post the other day and I'm putting my hand up to being one having very little business acumen when it comes to Xero just a stubborn belief that they can achieve what they set out to do plus I was told I would never achieve certain things in life which I did against substantial odds so I'm behind Rod all the way.

I don't know to be honest Hawkeye. It's a shame that the escrow period is not ending under better conditions. I note that Rod Drury is still bullish on the US. Could be an interesting few days/weeks ahead.
    Agreed, I also think the next figure update will be key to see if getting rid Karpas and getting someone new in was a brilliant move, or not

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey NG thanks for your post the other day and I'm putting my hand up to being one having very little business acumen when it comes to Xero just a stubborn belief that they can achieve what they set out to do plus I was told I would never achieve certain things in life which I did against substantial odds so I'm behind Rod all the way.
    "likes this post"

Just watching the pre close wrestling match. Fascinating.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    ''Behind Rod all the way''--I knew you liked him couts,..but really..........................Just kidding --a little humor in an otherwise bleak day

Also ..Well done to you both ..Goldstein
    Last edited by skid; 16-10-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Perhaps the end of the escrow period couldn't have come at a better time? I mean if the SP was in the high 30's still then we may have seen a decent sell off in anticipation of current events unfolding further - maybe we would be sitting on $12 now instead? In our current situation Thiel has to really assess whether he still believes the story - and if he does that is a huge vote of confidence IMO. If not, and he sells - he breaks even (roughly) - which is still a likely scenario i guess.
    Im personally waiting to see the bottom and load up as I see the US coming into fruition over the next two years, while the serious uptake occurs in AUS and ENG. On the current customer trend (again roughly - my style!) we can expect 1 million customers in 2016 (FY2017), or earlier if the US gains some momentum which it may well do as the product matures to include each states tax models.

I personally havent used Xero but have a couple of friends who do - I asked one (she's a resteraunt owner) to show me how it all worked. I was very impressed with the ease of the system (press: ok ok ok ok ok ok - done!), but i was impressed even more so with the enthusiasm and passion she had towards Xero's product when talking about it. I have since met others here in Aussie who use it and they all say the same thing - how their lives (and business') have become so much more enjoyable with the removal of stress from their daily business/accounting practices. My point here is that Xero have stated the adoption curve is still in its infancy, being mostly early adopters at this point. So add in word of mouth/organic growth of these passionate users (which i don't seem to see from intuit users) along with the current growth curve and we could see the perfect storm starting to take shape with plenty of blue sky on the other end. Just like Rod said - tuck these shares away in the bottom draw for 5 years. I had actually been hoping for a decent correction/top up opportunity - and here it is! Well almost.

Kick ass Xero - I believe in you!

On another note - does anyone know if Xero are still offering free migration from intuit in the US? I thought that was a pretty sharp weapon (considering no other company had managed that previously).