sharetrader
Page 486 of 733 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,860 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

I'm not worried about customer acquisition right now but the numbers of employees just keep on getting higher and higher. Hopefully those are sale folks because if they were mostly on IT, do we really need that number to really develop this so called ecosystem. They're don't really need to rewrite the whole of internet, do they?

discl: son works for Xero

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    the other side could be said too that there are those who were rediculed too at first and achieved greatness afterwards. And Roger, Phar Lap was not that kind that can talk up a position with journos and/or admirers
    Most racehorses seem full of hot air after a race

Quote Originally Posted by arc View Post
    Sorry folks but I cant post it as it was not a web article, it was a discussion {second hand}.
    I personally hope they can make a comeback and give the other players a run for their money... no pun intended.
    Understood Arc. A valuable comment of yours nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    not quite the whole of the internet, but they will have to continually program it for ever to keep abreast of changes in federal tax laws, state tax laws, county tax laws, accounting standards, international reporting standards, domestic reporting standards, customer preferences etc etc etc.
    Your right NewGuy, XRO will always be programming each state is different and changes are going on permanently, I wonder how much liability risk they have if they ever find that a great number of tax returns are incorrectly calculated.

In comparison I perceive DIL to be a far simpler program without the constant need to update to stand still. And DIL makes a profit.

Guru

I'm not worried about customer acquisition right now but the numbers of employees just keep on getting higher and higher.

That is my concern too. Another 500 staff is all good in theory but it means another $50m annually off the bottom line....

I'm not worried about customer acquisition right now but the numbers of employees just keep on getting higher and higher. Hopefully those are sale folks because if they were mostly on IT, do we really need that number to really develop this so called ecosystem. They're don't really need to rewrite the whole of internet, do they?

Rod said - "We would love to hire as many of those (500) as possible in New Zealand because there is a cost advantage, especially for development staff," he said.

Sounds like a few /lots of the 500 are developers

Somebody posted a few months ago a break down of the staff numbers into sales & marketing / development / customer support

Anybody know the split now - like what do a 1000 people do
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Rod said - "We would love to hire as many of those (500) as possible in New Zealand because there is a cost advantage, especially for development staff," he said.

Sounds like a few /lots of the 500 are developers
    The product has to work and work well. If not it's game over.

We just need to remind ourselves of the Xero business model

Red Dot about where we are now (maybe should be to the left a bit now) on the blue line of course. No point in following the other 2 lines, they are for losers

So deeper and deeper losses still to come but the deeper they are the bigger the prize at the end of the journey

All is going to plan - no need to panic

Graphic - Xero presentation, red dot mine
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    For a company whose CEO must be one of the most lauded in recent history, it sure knows how to LOSE money.
    You mean USE money NG