sharetrader
Page 49 of 733 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by zs_cecil View Post
    The share purchase plan last time at 90c resulted a record high price above $1. Maybe people are eager to get on the bus of growth and repeat its trajectory. Xero's story still attracts good will buyers.
    no doubt. But the the value of the shares pre-rights to SPP should be worth more than the value ex-rights to SPP. All other things being equal, I would have expected the movement noted above.

Similar to when a share goes ex-div. IN theory the price should go down by the amount of the dividend but it doesn't always.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Great little stag again for those in the SPP, 40 cents on the max shares 5455, easy $2,000+ profit. Almost as much as profit as the 90 cent SPP, however you had to outlay 3 times as much this time, still worth it.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Great little stag again for those in the SPP, 40 cents on the max shares 5455, easy $2,000+ profit. Almost as much as profit as the 90 cent SPP, however you had to outlay 3 times as much this time, still worth it.
    I know I should get excited about $2000+ bonus but my guilty little secret is that I am all or nothing on this one. I really like the product but I am more invested in the characters and the story and I avidly chase down all the news and blog articles, good or bad. Probably one of the few times I have become emotionally attached to a share.

Hoping for good news in the next full year results and for some reason I am really hung up on the 100,000 customer mark coming up asap. I sold a few at 3.03 thinking that the price would drop after the spp and I could get a few more at a discount. No luck there but happy to have released a bit of profit. But really holding the bulk for a decision at 5.00 and then 10.00.

I am probably a bit beyond optimistic (psychotic?) but I really feel that as a punt this is one of the few NZ companies that has a market that could literally run into the millions of customers if executed correctly. I am a happy consumer of all the expansion stories etc. I know not everybody is happy with the direction or even the product but the sheer volume of positive feedback gives me plenty of hope.

I leave my self open for criticism but I am going all out greedy on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I know I should get excited about $2000+ bonus but my guilty little secret is that I am all or nothing on this one. I really like the product but I am more invested in the characters and the story and I avidly chase down all the news and blog articles, good or bad. Probably one of the few times I have become emotionally attached to a share.

Hoping for good news in the next full year results and for some reason I am really hung up on the 100,000 customer mark coming up asap. I sold a few at 3.03 thinking that the price would drop after the spp and I could get a few more at a discount. No luck there but happy to have released a bit of profit. But really holding the bulk for a decision at 5.00 and then 10.00.

I am probably a bit beyond optimistic (psychotic?) but I really feel that as a punt this is one of the few NZ companies that has a market that could literally run into the millions of customers if executed correctly. I am a happy consumer of all the expansion stories etc. I know not everybody is happy with the direction or even the product but the sheer volume of positive feedback gives me plenty of hope.

I leave my self open for criticism but I am going all out greedy on this one.
    Diversification is the only free lunch in investing. Manage your risks. XRO is a high risk stock. Thats all I would say. Look at what happened to PRC shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    Diversification is the only free lunch in investing. Manage your risks. XRO is a high risk stock. Thats all I would say. Look at what happened to PRC shareholders.
    To clarify: This is not my only investment or even a significant percentage of my assets. However what I have put in I am prepared to stake until company flies or ...other...

Does anyone know why Xero has risen so much over the last several days? I'm happy a shareholder, but without any news it doesn't seem to add up.

don't know either... maybe a good time to cash up and buy back in when it calms down in a week or so?

Guru

When is there next customers announcement. I dont think we have heard there 1 Jan 2012 signups which is the US start of year. NZ start of year is this weekend.

The NZVF just did a terrible deal taking 50% of the risk of Theils investment in Xero but giving him (almost) 100% of the upside but that shouldnt have effect the price.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    don't know either... maybe a good time to cash up and buy back in when it calms down in a week or so?
    I have no intention of selling my shares. I will take the ups and downs over the next 3 to 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    When is there next customers announcement. I dont think we have heard there 1 Jan 2012 signups which is the US start of year. NZ start of year is this weekend.

The NZVF just did a terrible deal taking 50% of the risk of Theils investment in Xero but giving him (almost) 100% of the upside but that shouldnt have effect the price.
    The uptake in Australia seems to be going well. http://www.xero.com/advisors/ They only had 362 Accountants & 156 Bookkeepers in November last year. They now have 508 Accountants and 216 Bookkeepers.

The United States uptake is slowly taking off. They had 5 Accountants in November last year. They now have 18 Accountants. 11 of those of been added since February 1st