sharetrader
Page 5 of 733 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Interesting article TT, and my (wildly uneducated) guess is that US SME business owners are probably more tech comfortable than NZ ones so they might get a roll on faster than XRO. Will be interesting to see the response (if any) from Drury & Co. If this gets traction and becomes the standard in the US you can probably say goodbye to any multi-bags in xero.

This bit of self-publicity got me laughing...

Rod Drury: How to start a business

Rod Drury is CEO and founder of leading NZX-listed accounting software provider Xero (www.xero.com)

Is there another NZX-listed accounting software provider that is not doing as well as XRO?

In order to be the leader, surely there must be someone following?
    Last edited by Steve; 05-01-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: correction to www link
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Regarding NetSuite:

I think this is in a different space than Xero. They are trying to combine, CRM, accounting, and CMS. Having gone through the pain of trying to integrate these systems myself in a pervious job it sounds like a good idea. That is however, until you think of how many businesses fit this model. Ultimately a one size fits all solution will fit 1% of businesses and be a work around mess for the rest.

Xero is just making a move into the accounting side. It seems like a much simpler concept than NetSuite. Again it suffers from the same problem of how many businesses want to run the way Xero says. I would say there are a far greater number for the Xero model than the NetSuite model.

On another note, the Xero price has been making its way steadily down for quite some time now and is around 0.70. With no announcements/updates to shift the price I could see this continuing for a while. I will be interesting to watch what happens around the start of the new financial year. If Xero's subscription numbers go significantly up it might be a point to jump on?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    This bit of self-publicity got me laughing...

Rod Drury: How to start a business

Rod Drury is CEO and founder of leading NZX-listed accounting software provider Xero (www.xero.com)

Is there another NZX-listed accounting software provider that is not doing as well as XRO?

In order to be the leader, surely there must be someone following?
    Just to chip in here, the hog was familiar with much of what Drury had to say in that series of articles, but nonetheless this old wallower thought it was all good, solid advice from somebody who has been there before - a number of times - and is taking on some very established players in the SaaS space, most of whom are very well resourced compared with XRO.

Disc: no XRO, no links with the company or people behind it.

p.s. if you're the only one in the space in NZ, surely you're a leader! (and a follower)
    Last edited by warthog; 24-01-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: more wallowing
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Default XRO operating stats

In their last announcement they said

"- 204 paying customers, with 404 users, running 240 organisations;"

Today they say

"- Xero has doubled the number of customers from 240 to more than 500 in
    New Zealand during the four month period, 1 October 2007 - 31 January 2008;"

The 240 they used in the second statement is the "240 organisations" not the "204 paying customers" used in the first statement.

Therefore, the "more than 500" is presumably the number of organisations, not the number of paying customers?

Therefore, how many paying customers?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

At least they are in-line with their projections...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

I have been following along quite closely to Xero. The week after this announcement the price has jumped from 0.68 to 0.95 (~40% increase).

The announcement didn't seem that impressive considering their burn rate..
    I thought it might be low liquidity and Morresey's buying of shares:
    http://www.nzx.com/market/market_ann...pany?id=160077
    In which case, was Morresey's move vanity, to prop up a failing share price?

Does anyone know what is going on here? And why has the price made such a jump?

My guess would be an impending share issue, or acquisition involving shares, or something similar.

In other words, a situation where laying out a small amount of money to bid up shares now saves a lot of money a little further down the track.

You see it with small caps in aussie all the time, but less over here. The buyer seemed willing bordering on happy to push up the share price so some issuance related news wouldn't surprise me.

Disc : No inside info, just a wild (and quite possibly wrong) guess.
    ----
    ----

Four letters. As in alpha, not numeric.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Warthog - Nah, not yet.
    ----
    ----