sharetrader
Page 580 of 733 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Am I missing something? I have never seen a US forecast?

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I said under delivered on US sales forecasts which again I repeat was the main driver for the euphoria of this stock & its ridiculously high valuations.
    If after two years only achieving 5% isn't under delivering then I don't know what you call is.
    In regards growth.
    What I would suggest is they have pulled in the easy wins in NZ & Aust & that growth in those locations will start to slide at some point.
    When who knows, but my estimate is this year or next.
    US obviously they have huge potential but have yet to realize anywhere near it.
    At 100% growth in the US they will have about 8% of what they forecast 2 years ago.
    They need 500% growth in the US to justify the current valuation & that or anything like it ain't going to happen & the longer they take the more risk of competition imo.

How many times have you seen a broker talk down a stock? Makes me laugh when people quote broker valuations etc. Very few are worth their salt & Motley jmo is one of the biggest strikers around.

Jamest the forecast or target is in a report they issued in 2012. Do your research & as someone rightly pointed out it was for the US & the rest of the world, but the US will be the majority of that, or at least you would hope it was with all the money that is being spent there.

As someone reminded me it was end of month. Perhaps small volume pushing the price up was brokers trying to mark their book for clients. Its been done before, in fact regularly I would suggest.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Let's get the US of A started from the new president.......http://www.accountingtoday.com/accou...78-1.html?tech

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    How many times have you seen a broker talk down a stock? Makes me laugh when people quote broker valuations etc. Very few are worth their salt & Motley jmo is one of the biggest strikers around.

Jamest the forecast or target is in a report they issued in 2012. Do your research & as someone rightly pointed out it was for the US & the rest of the world, but the US will be the majority of that, or at least you would hope it was with all the money that is being spent there.

As someone reminded me it was end of month. Perhaps small volume pushing the price up was brokers trying to mark their book for clients. Its been done before, in fact regularly I would suggest.
    Just to clarify, I am with James on this. The report you point to is NOT a forecast for US sales. James has already told you this as well!

Advanced Member

In front of the NBR paywall for the weekend only - worth a read - 'We've never seen a competitor in any category behave in this manner' — MYOB on Xero man's outburst

Extract -

In prepared comments, plus an interview Friday moring, Ridd went to town on MYOB. His key points:

Xero is adding 300 new customers a day in Australia, and 100 of those are coming from MYOB
    Focussing on one market (Australasia) is not a sustainable business model
    Xero is growing faster than MYOB
    MYOB has had to raise debt, while Xero can sell new shares to raise capital
    NBR forwarded a summary of Ridd's comments to MYOB. A spokeswoman fired back:

"The comparison made in [Ridd's comments] is between two very different styles of business. We would note however that MYOB’s cloud users have grown by 88% annually over two years”.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/weve-ne...-mans-outburst

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    Let's get the US of A started from the new president.......http://www.accountingtoday.com/accou...78-1.html?tech
    This would cause me concern...This is not saying''we are firmly entrenced in the US and are ready to rocket''--Its saying ''we have tried the US and not made any headway,but this guy is going to try and turn it around''

The US is crucial to achieve Xeros dream--you can support ,but getting caught up in the hype could be dangerous----early days.

Membaa

That article is interesting and I think your summary is fair, which leads back to the share price which at $15 had pretty much discounted the USA story but now at $25, the bets are all on again. That's gambling isn't it? Gambling that from a base of 22,000 customers in Sept, Xero will conquer the USA, with a new yet to be fully defined or implemented sales model, headed by a guy who made his name building a computer hardware business.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    This would cause me concern...This is not saying''we are firmly entrenced in the US and are ready to rocket''--Its saying ''we have tried the US and not made any headway,but this guy is going to try and turn it around''

The US is crucial to achieve Xeros dream--you can support ,but getting caught up in the hype could be dangerous----early days.

So what is it then other than BS ?
    Have I been told have I. ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by twotic View Post
    Just to clarify, I am with James on this. The report you point to is NOT a forecast for US sales. James has already told you this as well!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Yep, its a gamble alright.
    I just don't like those odds !

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That article is interesting and I think your summary is fair, which leads back to the share price which at $15 had pretty much discounted the USA story but now at $25, the bets are all on again. That's gambling isn't it? Gambling that from a base of 22,000 customers in Sept, Xero will conquer the USA, with a new yet to be fully defined or implemented sales model, headed by a guy who made his name building a computer hardware business.