sharetrader
Page 583 of 733 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ShareFodder View Post
    Actually, it's pretty easy to generate this in Google Trends. Looks like Xero is beating MYOB in google searches in the US comprehensively.

Attachment 7156
    MYOB doesn't actively compete in the US market does it. I though it was a transtasman business only.

And here's more about that investment on XRO http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com.au/p...AOsIsO1SdwGt9K

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    And here's more about that investment on XRO http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com.au/p...AOsIsO1SdwGt9K
    Thanks for the link RGR, that's an enlightening read ... "don’t be fooled into thinking this is not a highly risky proposition" should cause a sharp intake of breath, amongst the numerous other quotes along the same lines, like Drury "... stay invested in the company for what could be a wild ride"

OMG

Haha Baa Baa !
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-03-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

You were repeatedly saying that Xero has grossly over promised and under delivered in the US. I'm saying this is incorrect. There have never been any promises, forecast, guidance or otherwise.

As far as the share price goes I agree with you. The existing SP is priced on a future trajectory that may never happen. This has been the case since IPO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I am not arguing if it was a forecast or not, that's just semantics.
    What I am saying is that the business has underperformed in the US, that's it.
    And in regards the major upside for sales & to justify the current valuation, they need to start performing at a level of multiples what they are now, in that market. The home markets isn't going to deliver them the growth they need.
    And to date they have shown no indication they can achieve anything like that (multiples).
    That may change, I just don't think it will, although I would expect to see some improvement after all the investment in people & a change of strategy.

Outside thinking.

The market battle between Inuit and Xero maybe a bit closer than we imagine if we can believe Google Trend data. (Inuit in red, Xero in Blue and the dotted line is forecast not actual.)

IMHO it is still too early to call this, however, I like the new CEO's talk about Xero appealing more directly to small business customers. Interesting times.

Attachment 7164

It's interesting in my opinion that the share price edged up towards the end of trading and didn't collapse in a heap as want to do when steam has run out.Obviously still some interest on the buying side however small....

Say what you like, I disagree & I think 22k customers in the US & rest of the world says it all.
    Not sure how you can defend that performance to be honest.
    But is one poster said this back & forth on semantics is a bit inane.
    The point I make is they are grossly overvalued.

You might see a bit of a boost in the SP today after the performance of the NASDAQ overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesST View Post
    You were repeatedly saying that Xero has grossly over promised and under delivered in the US. I'm saying this is incorrect. There have never been any promises, forecast, guidance or otherwise.

As far as the share price goes I agree with you. The existing SP is priced on a future trajectory that may never happen. This has been the case since IPO though.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I'm not defending their US performance.
    Just pointing out that you are wrong to say that they have ever promised anything in the US.

I agree that there is not much point in arguing over semantics. We can refer to a dictionary for that.

I won't argue with your point that they are grossly overvalued either. Everyone is entitled to their own view on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Say what you like, I disagree & I think 22k customers in the US & rest of the world says it all.
    Not sure how you can defend that performance to be honest.
    But is one poster said this back & forth on semantics is a bit inane.
    The point I make is they are grossly overvalued.

You might see a bit of a boost in the SP today after the performance of the NASDAQ overnight.