sharetrader
Page 599 of 733 FirstFirst ... 99499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

[QUOTE=NewGuy;569315]Yes, xero COULD become the next microsoft or apple, in which case the current SP is more than justified...

The point was Xero would be a powerful weapon if it was purchased by either Microsoft or more particularly Apple who have a huge war chest but lack a commercial edge in their product line up.
    Integration costs would no doubt be substantial as are these companies reserves.
    If nothing else its a great rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    How about a shrinking prize pool to combat the infinite nature of the bet? Each 6 months, it reduces by 10% of the original level, so that the prize pool disappears in 5 years?
    Agreed- I'm in: 12 bottles, dropping by a bottle every 6 months so it's a 6-year gig, except that if the SP has not gone over $25 by the end of that quite substantial period I'll send you 4 bottles anyway in an admission that you were right.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    I like the way senior managers enter and leave pretty quickly (Mr Karpas 6 months, Mr Jeffries 2 months). That is quite unusual in my experience, often things drag on longer than they should if the fit is not right. Expensive exercise but not as expensive as delaying the inevitable.
    Maybe they just have no clue how to recruit good people? Are they throwing the dice to find out which of the candidates to hire? The purpose of a good recruitment process is to find out whether a candidate is a good match to the company. Losing a senior hire after only 2 months (unless there are very sensible personal reasons they didn't told us - which is unlikely) indicates IMHO that either

a) Mr Jeffries was never committed to do the job in the first place (and a good recruitment process should highlight that in time) or
    b) Mr Jeffries is absolutely unsuitable for the position (recruiter sleeping at the wheel?) or
    c) Mr Jeffries found out that they lied at him during the interview process and things looks worse than he expected. Should not happen in a good recruitment process.

All other potential explanations would reflect in my view worse on the company (like e.g. such an atrocious working climate that good people are happy to risk damaging their career just to leave). Note - nobody likes to hire "job hoppers" ...

So whatever it was - their recruitment process seems to be sloppy and / or dishonest. Not sure whether I would want to put my money into a growth company with huge losses which not even knows how to hire the right people for the job. Time to run for the hills?

Discl: not holding;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-04-2015 at 02:13 PM. Reason: forgot a "y" after the "the"
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Would be nice to see how many here doubting xeros capabilties have done multi national start ups, some sort of unique product development or hold/held top senior positions in multi nationals etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Would be nice to see how many here doubting xeros capabilties have done multi national start ups, some sort of unique product development or hold/held top senior positions in multi nationals etc.
    It would also be nice to see how many here espousing xeros capabilties have done multi national start ups, some sort of unique product development or hold/held top senior positions in multi nationals etc.
    Last edited by J R Ewing; 24-04-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Banned

Don't be a parrot, show some originality.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Yes, xero COULD become the next microsoft or apple, in which case the current SP is more than justified.

However, considerably more likely than not it is just another tech companies that NEVER turns a profit, in which case the current SP is an absolute joke.

My bet is on the latter. In fact, I'd wager you'll never see the SP above $25 again.
    Fixed that for you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    My God, the guy was only there for 3 months. He came, he looked under the hood, and then ran screaming for the hills. Not something one does if just hired into the "next big thing". What is really going on in that company? Maybe he figured out that it won't make money for a very long time, if ever, and the whole thing is just a big share price ponzi scheme designed to keep Rod Drury in the style he has become accustomed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Maybe they just have no clue how to recruit good people? Are they throwing the dice to find out which of the candidates to hire? The purpose of a good recruitment process is to find out whether a candidate is a good match to the company. Losing a senior hire after only 2 months (unless there are very sensible personal reasons they didn't told us - which is unlikely) indicates IMHO that either

a) Mr Jeffries was never committed to do the job in the first place (and a good recruitment process should highlight that in time) or
    b) Mr Jeffries is absolutely unsuitable for the position (recruiter sleeping at the wheel?) or
    c) Mr Jeffries found out that they lied at him during the interview process and things looks worse than he expected. Should not happen in a good recruitment process.

All other potential explanations would reflect in my view worse on the company (like e.g. such an atrocious working climate that good people are happy to risk damaging their career just to leave). Note - nobody likes to hire "job hoppers" ...

So whatever it was - their recruitment process seems to be sloppy and / or dishonest. Not sure whether I would want to put my money into a growth company with huge losses which not even knows how to hire the right people for the job. Time to run for the hills?

Discl: not holding;
    Absolute Gold and hits the nail on the head perfectly...gottta hand out some rep for that.

I hope this doesn't turn into a PEB thread. I love to get opinions from both sides of the fence but gloating and taunting doesn't add anything to the debate.

Well ... I used to hold senior positions in a NZ multi-national company (after learning my craft in some other multi-national overseas). Admittedly not a start up (well, not anymore at the time I joined), though it sometimes still felt that way. I used to work for them in several positions (with growing seniority) for roughly 18 years and was as well heavily involved in recruitment (which was at times quite hectic - sort of comparable with a startup).

Does this qualify me in your view to voice an opinion on the quality of XRO's recruitment processes?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Membaa

The conversation is a lot less about Xero's capabilities, moreso about meeting the growth expectations and financials that are baked into an otherwise overcooked share price. Given a long enough time and unlimited capital and patience, they may do very well indeed. At this point they have a problem kick starting the USA growth story and other markets growth is declining. Their operating costs have sky rocketed and diverging from revenue growth. They have no idea when they'll make a profit. They have a couple of years capital on hand assuming continued growth of their workforce before they'll dilute shareholder capital again. The share price cannot be justified in any measure except shareholder confidence. At the current price the shareholders seem over confident and/or over optimistic. That's faith, it's not investing.