sharetrader
Page 6 of 733 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Xero teams up with Telstra

Online accounting software provider Xero (XRO) has joined forces with Telstra,
    Australia’s largest telecommunications and media company, becoming part of their
    innovative T- Suite service offering.

The T-Suite service is Telstra’s Software as a Service platform, offering a range of
    leading hosted applications for small business customers throughout Australia.

Xero’s accounting system, delivered entirely over the internet, is a perfect fit for the
    T-Suite service, as it allows businesses to avoid the expensive upfront costs normally
    associated with purchasing business accounting solutions and to cost effectively manage
    their finances with confidence.

Other services offered from the T-Suite service include hosted business productivity
    software from Microsoft, and on-demand security software from McAfee.

Xero will be available in the T-Suite service to over 700,000 of Telstra’s small business
    customers from June 2009.

Xero has a similar relationship in place with New Zealand’s largest telecommunications
    company, Telecom, through their online Business Hub.

Wonder how much cash they have left 31/3/2009?

Guess we'll find out soon.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Default Xero

The Telstra Deal is huge, as it will tie in with the Australian Financial year which is Xero's prime customer sign up period.

If Xero can continue this growth over the next two years, (help from Teltra in Aus, Andy Lark in USA) Xero will be a massive success.

DISC: Looking to Jump aboard once the hype dies down a little bit

**PE** multiples?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Xero, but a PE multiple is a bit optimistic!

I'm more interested in becoming a shareholder after they raise more money.
    ----
    ----

Xero will announce a massive loss for the year in May ($7m?)

This will make the headlines - because misinformed reporters will not understand that this "loss" is an investment in infrastructure to support the massive growth that Xero is starting to generate.

These headlines hopefully will create some cheap packets for me to pick up.
    (I should have got in two weeks ago at 67c =])

Big Bounce on good new, how long until it drops back....

And now an announcement about capital raising.

I take my hat off to them - they could teach Nuplex a bit about spin, timing and the art of getting your price up before a raising, as opposed to shooting yourself in the foot.
    ----
    ----

Default Xero

Incredible timing!

Online software provider Xero has raised $23.2 million through a share placement, with the co-founder and former major shareholder of Australian rival MYOB, Craig Winkler, taking a large chunk.

Winkler has subscribed for $18 million of new Xero shares at 90 cents per share. Xero shares closed at $1.15 yesterday.

The Winkler deal includes $450,000 from parties associated with Winkler, including:
    - the Bank of New Zealand, an existing Xero shareholder which will take up $1.6 million worth of new Xero shares;
    - two Independent Directors of Xero, Trade Me founder Sam Morgan and Graham Shaw, who have subscribed (in aggregate) for $1.45 million worth of the new capital.

Xero chief executive Rod Drury said he was delighted to welcome Winkler as a strategic investor. MYOB was recently acquired by private equity investors and Winkler is no longer involved in MYOB as a director, executive, shareholder or any other capacity. Nonetheless, the investment from Winkler and his associated parties is subject to Xero shareholder approval, which is expected to be sought in May.

Xero, which sells Internet- based accounting software to small and medium-sized businesses, said other investors including an un-named institutional investor had taken up the remaining $2.15 million worth of new shares.

"The new capital will enable Xero to accelerate its growth plans in the UK, Australian and US markets," the company said.

Winkler's financial advisor will subscribe in cash for $450,000 of new shares in Xero at 90c per share, which will be held by Binalong Rural Pty Ltd and Mordes Howard Pty Ltd.

Craig Winkler, his financial advisor and the entities holding their respective investments, totaling $18 million, are all deemed to be associated parties.

"We are delighted to have secured a large amount of funding from strategic investors such as the BNZ and Craig Winkler," Drury said.

"Craig Winkler is very experienced in the market for the provision of accounting software and services to small businesses. His investment is a strong endorsement of the Xero business model, its market and growth opportunities."

Winkler and his associated parties have agreed to embargo arrangements with Xero under which they are not able to sell any of their shares for a period of 12 months from the date the shares are issued.

Drury and Hamish Edwards, the founders of Xero, have also separately entered into embargo arrangements with Xero under which each of them is restricted from selling any shares for 12 months.

Xero also intends to offer a share purchase plan to its existing shareholders at 90c per share.

Xero listed on the NZX in June 2007, raising $15 million at $1 per share

I'll admit to being surprised. Very few founders switch teams and try and kill their baby.

I'm astonished that the private equity buyer of MYOB didn't have some sort of clause in the non-compete that would stop Winkler from doing that. If I was handing over 400 mil, I wouldn't want this happening a few months later.
    ----
    ----