sharetrader
Page 619 of 733 FirstFirst ... 119519569609615616617618619620621622623629669719 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    This isn't actually a conspiracy theory. Law change was brought in last year.
    Ahh - Facta. Only applies to US citizens. terrible law may by the US and forced upon the world. Still that info goes to IRS, not NSA so they can enforce their draconian world wide income tax on all Us citizens (while they let corporates wrought the system).

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Not trying to be a conspiracist here...just a potential realist unfortunately.
    My conspiracy claim refered to suggestions IRD would give info to NSA. Completely agree with your comments. The big data that Xero holds (and MYOB online) would be extremely valuable for doing targeted audits.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    They may have the systems, but not the data. That is why they asked Trademe for those that appear to be trading. And likewise, the land transfer office for those that appear to be habitual buy and flick speculators.
    Too speed up investigations and prosecution, Govt depts are well resourced. But monkeys are working for them... it takes time hence all these requests.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    This isn't actually a conspiracy theory. Law change was brought in last year.

Skid is exaggerating a little in that applies to US citizens and other U.S. taxpayers. You'll probably know if it applies to you, even if you're not happy about it. There has been an increase in people trying to get rid of US citizenship.

https://www.ird.govt.nz/international/nzwithos/fatca/
    I was exaggerating in terms of the norm,but that was no exaggeration in terms of those who find they are ''accidental US citizens for tax purposes''

http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/15/pf/a...can-expat-tax/

I met an american in Thailand who was pretty upset about the whole thing--(not sure if he was accidental,but the point is still the same)

I guess theres a bit of conspiracy theory in all of us at times--After watching ''The Imitation Game'' it certainly puts that sort of thing in perspective--It was a great flick that more or less told the story of a true event that certainly would have gone down as a conspiracy theory----If it wasnt true.

BUT-my NSA mention was about the wiretapping of Europeon leaders---The IRD actually gives the info to the IRS (the US taxman)--which conveniently bypasses banks having to break privacy laws(they give the info to IRS and IRS flaunts the privacy laws.

(didnt mean to give the impression that this happens to normal Kiwis that dont have any afilliation with the USA accidental or otherwise)--You would be amazed how easy it is for even Kiwis to become ''tainted'' by this though.
    Ive heard stories of an organization with a volunteer treasurer (who was from America from way back)who were subject to an audit involving US taxman because of this law. )
    Last edited by skid; 06-05-2015 at 05:07 PM.

For those who are good at numbers, you may want to compare how Sage is doing or competing ............. http://www.sage.com/investors/press-...-31-march-2015

Advanced Member

They may have the systems, but not the data. That is why they asked Trademe for those that appear to be trading. And likewise, the land transfer office for those that appear to be habitual buy and flick speculators.
    IRD also asked real estate agencies for similar data.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    IRD also asked real estate agencies for similar data.
    didn't know that. I assume that is to capture those using different entity names that they didn't pick up via the land transfer office.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    For those who are good at numbers, you may want to compare how Sage is doing or competing ............. http://www.sage.com/investors/press-...-31-march-2015
    Good info, but hard to draw comparisons, Sage make a lot of money, are growing profits and paying dividends. Is Rod going to punch me in the face for saying that?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Good info, but hard to draw comparisons, Sage make a lot of money, are growing profits and paying dividends. Is Rod going to punch me in the face for saying that?
    But revenue growth is minimal

Membaa

But revenue growth is minimal
    Yes, only 40m pounds on H1'14, despite Xero eating their lunch.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    what happened to that bounce that moosie was alluding too.
    There it is - right there in green.

Attachment 7333
    Last edited by robbo24; 07-05-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Picture didn't work
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw