sharetrader
Page 632 of 733 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Yes, I am encouarging him to put the money in a company whose growth prospects are beyond any reasonable doubt. Xero, conversely, is more likely to fail than succeed at this point (IMH0).

Thus, one is a recommendation that is 99% safe, and the other closer to 10%.

totally different, but nice try mate.
    I didn't realise you were an Authorised Financial Adviser. Please post your disclosure statement.

Section 10 When person gives financial advice

(1) A person (A) gives financial advice if A makes a recommendation or gives an opinion in relation to acquiring or disposing of (including refraining from acquiring or disposing of) a financial product.

(2) Whether or not advice is financial advice for the purposes of this Act is not affected by how the advice is given or communicated.

(3) However, a person does not give financial advice for the purposes of this Act merely by—
    (a) providing information (for example, the cost or terms and conditions of a financial product); or
    (b) making a recommendation or giving an opinion relating to a class of financial products; or
    (c) making a recommendation or giving an opinion about the procedure for acquiring or disposing of a financial product; or
    (d) transmitting the financial advice of another person (unless A gives A’s own financial advice in doing so or holds out the transmitted financial advice as A’s own financial advice); or
    (e) recommending that a person consult a financial adviser.
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Don't try to get all lawyer-y smart with me. I've survived hours of cross exam by people far smarter than you, and this is just boring.
    It's too late, I already did and you lost.
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

yeah, amazing. I can see why you are so successful and spend an inordinate amount of your life on here spouting absolute rubbish. Most successful lawyers I know are far too busy for that. Shame.

Bye
    Why the tantrum? Seemed a fair question.

If you are recommending investments then you should do so in a way consistent with the relevant legislation.

Note that people sensitive to such obligations, "successful lawyers" included, go to minimal lengths to make it clear that they are NOT providing advice or recommending investments, and ask that others do their own research, etc.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Moosie

@roddrury
    As a leader it's important to set the right example and dress appropriately at all times
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Moosie

@roddrury
    As a leader it's important to set the right example and dress appropriately at all times

OMG that jumper has caused a 4% lift in the SP so far today.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    OMG that jumper has caused a 4% lift in the SP so far today.
    Hahahaha that's just sad

Guru

Rod is not giving a subtle hint that XRO are going to take over Canada is he?

Advanced Member

Maybe he's trying to attract Moosie onto his team.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    If you are recommending investments then you should do so in a way consistent with the relevant legislation.

Note that people sensitive to such obligations, "successful lawyers" included, go to minimal lengths to make it clear that they are NOT providing advice or recommending investments, and ask that others do their own research, etc.
    One might argue that the value of any investment is equal to the discounted sum of future cashflows. Since Xero has no positive cashflows, nor any plans to have any, there is a legitimate argument that Xero is not an investment at all. So maybe to be fair, this thread should be moved from the 'NZX' to the 'Off market' section of the forum?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    One might argue that the value of any investment is equal to the discounted sum of future cashflows. Since Xero has no positive cashflows, nor any plans to have any, there is a legitimate argument that Xero is not an investment at all. So maybe to be fair, this thread should be moved from the 'NZX' to the 'Off market' section of the forum?

SNOOPY
    Snoops - you need to get up to speed with modern financial thinking

These days DCFs are calculated on 10 (or 15) year cash flows plus a Terminal Value = 50% of GD where GD is the value attributed for gaining domination globally assuming no more investment needed (GD is usually a very big number)

On that basis XRO, even with 10 to 15 years of negative cash flows, is valued at $50-$60

(Note - the more sophisticate practioners do apply a discount of say 20% to allow for the possible / likely entry of a new disruptive technology that would make XRO irrelevant)
    Last edited by winner69; 10-07-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”