sharetrader
Page 646 of 733 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Interesting to see the search volume diffences of QuickBoosk Online vs Xero in the US: http://www.google.com/trends/explore...z=Etc%2FGMT-10

Unfair comparison on Quickbooks side as their potential or current online customers would likely search for just Quickbooks as well which is not included above, plus investors would search for xero which would add non relevant search volume.
    Last edited by duncan22; 12-09-2015 at 06:42 PM.

It is pretty amazing the momentum that Xero is getting. Especially when you change from US to worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan22 View Post
    Interesting to see the search volume diffences of QuickBoosk Online vs Xero in the US: http://www.google.com/trends/explore...z=Etc%2FGMT-10

Unfair comparison on Quickbooks side as their potential or current online customers would likely search for just Quickbooks as well which is not included above, plus investors would search for xero which would add non relevant search volume.

Outside thinking.

When I searched Xero v Intuit in the Google Trends I found Xero is now surpassing Intuit for the first time. V Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesST View Post
    It is pretty amazing the momentum that Xero is getting. Especially when you change from US to worldwide.
    For me that data shows the opposite, Quickbooks Online growing far faster than Xero now...

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    When I searched Xero v Intuit in the Google Trends I found Xero is now surpassing Intuit for the first time. V Interesting.
    Xero vs Intuit isn't a fair comparison I don't think. Xeros product is Xero, Intuits product is Quickbooks/Quickbooks Online.

The opportunity cost of being a xero shareholder is huge. If investors had of chosen a real growth company like Facebook say 12 months ago, you would have seen share price appreciation and a favourable forex rate. Going forward, FB has so much potential and will probably double in value and eventually pay dividends. I'm not so sure about Xero, I think that single digits are a very real possibility in the next year making a capital raise / IPO a very challenging prospect.

The opportunity cost is tiny compared to the actual loss in value? I don't think many shareholders would be too concerned about the opportunity cost.

But I agree that anyone who invested in any stock that's gone down over the last year needs their head checked. It would have made much more sense to invest in companies that ended up increasing significantly in value. I'm not sure why people continue to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    The opportunity cost of being a xero shareholder is huge. If investors had of chosen a real growth company like Facebook say 12 months ago, you would have seen share price appreciation and a favourable forex rate. Going forward, FB has so much potential and will probably double in value and eventually pay dividends. I'm not so sure about Xero, I think that single digits are a very real possibility in the next year making a capital raise / IPO a very challenging prospect.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by JamesST View Post
    The opportunity cost is tiny compared to the actual loss in value? I don't think many shareholders would be too concerned about the opportunity cost.

But I agree that anyone who invested in any stock that's gone down over the last year needs their head checked. It would have made much more sense to invest in companies that ended up increasing significantly in value. I'm not sure why people continue to do this?
    I agree, XRO is a buy and hold nightmare. I've only identified 3 trades since Jan 2012 using my trusty weekly chart and 14EMA (for strong trending stocks). The range $11.75 - $12.70 looks like short term support. This chart illustrates two things for me ... 1. how sentiment has driven the share price despite incalculable underlying value, and 2. the cost of 'believing the story' is immense with no certainty going all-in on the USA market.
    Attachment 7600

Membaa

As an aside, if you take out the two week spikes of week ending 20 and 27 Feb (which is now under investigation by the FMA), and overlaid the price performance since then as a continuation from week end 13Feb, then the share price now would be about $5 - $6. Some would consider that fair value and worth the risk of being all-in on the USA market.

I've thought about xro a bit, but never bought in. I started using their software 4 months ago when I began farming, they offered a free trial so I took it up and decided to stay - so I have never had any experience with other software. The buisness is simple so I only require the minimal transaction setup and are not by any stretch pushing xro to its full functionality. It's nice and simple to use but someone showed me myob for 10 mins one day and it looked very similar - I thought I could easily use that. I really just liked supporting the NZ company. However I haven't been game enough to invest even as price drops. From what I have seen, and there seems to be plenty of competition so I'm not sure it will really take over the world... It just didn't seem that special. Happy to be proven wrong though.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 13-09-2015 at 06:36 PM.

You need to refine your search. Have a look under the related search tab for xero and you'll see that alot of the searches are probably looking for xero shoes.