sharetrader
Page 686 of 733 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Xero did go down. And it was big, but it was back up in less than half a day.

Think of it from the other end. If a company office/building etc gets hit by a natural disaster, your accounting people can keep your business going just by just logging on from another location (their home/different city etc). If you are a small business, that sort of advantage has only previously been available to large companies who can afford an hot site. That is pretty good from a small business perspective and likely worth the occasional outage considering they don't have to worry about data backup strategies etc.
    You can, of course, have your data (application) locally and backup the data to the cloud (several coulds if you wish).
    So when the cloud goes down (like Xero had with AWS) you just carry on.
    When your place of business is lost (earthquake) then you just pull the cloud backup and carry on regardless.

You should always have off-site storage of your data and the cloud can be useful for that.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You can, of course, have your data (application) locally and backup the data to the cloud (several coulds if you wish).
    So when the cloud goes down (like Xero had with AWS) you just carry on.
    When your place of business is lost (earthquake) then you just pull the cloud backup and carry on regardless.

You should always have off-site storage of your data and the cloud can be useful for that.
    Not without doing a full install of local software on your whichever machine you decide to use PLUS downloading the data from the cloud and all the associated down time this would cause. You also then need to download and install all software etc... and if you have say 2 accounting staff working from home, this then becomes a logistical nightmare of "who has the most recent copy of the data?". Not to mention the big security hole of having all your accounting software installed in potentially non safe machines.

Outside thinking.

Crikey no posts on XRO for over a month! Sign of the times when XRO considered too boring to comment on?

2017 Annual Report out today

At first look, all seems to be on course.....now at 1,035,000 subscribers. Cashflow breakeven achieved in 2nd half FY17. Be interesting to see how the market reacts today.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Crikey no posts on XRO for over a month! Sign of the times when XRO considered too boring to comment on?

2017 Annual Report out today

At first look, all seems to be on course.....now at 1,035,000 subscribers. Cashflow breakeven achieved in 2nd half FY17. Be interesting to see how the market reacts today.
    The graph on page 12 says it all. Profit not far away.
    Last edited by Bilbo; 11-05-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Pretty happy with Xeros recent progress. Up through the $22 barrier. The latest investor presentation looks very optimistic. I know they are supposed to be, but I still get a kick out of being part of the unfolding story.

Particularly happy with North American numbers although I don't believe that they have to be on a par with Intuit to be profitable here. Its a big market and a few percentage points represents a lot of revenue. I think there are huge opportunities in the rest of world markets that haven't really been oficially addressed yet even though they now have a significant share. South Africa and Singapore as examples.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Pretty happy with Xeros recent progress. Up through the $22 barrier. The latest investor presentation looks very optimistic. I know they are supposed to be, but I still get a kick out of being part of the unfolding story.

Particularly happy with North American numbers although I don't believe that they have to be on a par with Intuit to be profitable here. Its a big market and a few percentage points represents a lot of revenue. I think there are huge opportunities in the rest of world markets that haven't really been oficially addressed yet even though they now have a significant share. South Africa and Singapore as examples.
    Good on you for sticking with your belief in the company.

Am still making my way through the annual report, but so far all looks positive. You’re right about the Rest of World markets – looks to be good growth possibilities there. Price responding well thus far - steady as she goes (and has been for several months now). Am tempted to accumulate some more, but have been in since the early days so massively (and happily) overweight in XRO. Sorely tempted though …

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post

Good and bad. They have the ability to turn the spending tap off at any time so it was never a shock that they could. What needs to be considered is the timing of turning of the tap as to me it indicates a slowing of overall growth (lower cash burn) expectations.

A period of slower growth and consolidation is not a bad thing it just means market domination is not as bullish or will need to wait. This to me is direct result of the slower than expected growth in USA. This market may take a decade to come around to a new cloud accounting player and they will have to bide their time.

Even though you're not following the XRO dream, you got to admit their UK number is impressive. But it will probably take another 2 more years for us to see those mid $40 a pop again.

Everything is pointing to a listing on the NASDAQ. Shame they lost Liddell to Trump. Raise some more serious cash and roll on a more aggressive path to market in the US. The key to the US is their relationship with the banks, which appears to be growing. Hats off XERO.....