sharetrader
Page 703 of 733 FirstFirst ... 203603653693699700701702703704705706707713 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I have got out on NZX a couple of days ago and bought it back on ASX yesterday. My brain could not digest all the details re fuss over exchange rate De-listing stuff but seemed logical to me at that time.
    Xero is going to do this for you in Jan 2018, without you lifting a finger, or pay commission fee, or lose on exchange rate difference. I wonder how many investors have done this. If there is plenty of them, it will create a perfect U shape like what it seems to be now. (Selling a few days back on NZX and now busy buying back on ASX)

I am actually curious about how others interpret the impact of their financial performance from the report on Share Price (without considering the de-listing), positive? or negative?

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last paragraph the crux of the matter for you.

So your choice is to either hold your XRO.ASX when they transfer them over there (and live with the ups and downs of the $) or sell your XRO.NZ and pat yourself on the back for making heaps.

I think there’s a lot more other things that going to drive the value of XRO than a one off translation impact - like XRO operational and financial performance, will Aussies think more highly of XRO because it’s on the ASX, etc etc.

To me I reckon XRO shares will be worth a lot more in the future than they are now and where they are listed is a minor distraction.
    Fair call winner.
    Separate the company from the currency exposure, and it might still be worth investing in. Only point I was trying to make is that there is definitely an exposure that wasn't there before, and I think NZ investors should be 'awake' to that.

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    Xero is going to do this for you in Jan 2018, without you lifting a finger, or pay commission fee, or lose on exchange rate difference. I wonder how many investors have done this. If there is plenty of them, it will create a perfect U shape like what it seems to be now. (Selling a few days back on NZX and now busy buying back on ASX)

I am actually curious about how others interpret the impact of their financial performance from the report on Share Price (without considering the de-listing), positive? or negative?
    Yes. I have been with Xro long enough and to know it could go a lot lower for no good reason. It is about protecting the profit really for me.

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I am excited that they finally making profit.... for the first time. I am excited as to where to from here for them.

I have got out on NZX a couple of days ago and bought it back on ASX yesterday. My brain could not digest all the details re fuss over exchange rate De-listing stuff but seemed logical to me at that time.
    According the Xero's document about the transition (https://www.nzx.com/announcements/310041), you could have been moved to the ASX register by getting in touch with the share registry or your broker rather than selling and re-buying. Info is on page 6 of the document.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11944518

story about xero and fund managers calling special meeting stop them going asx

be a good move xero explanation just doesnt make sense esp not having a dual listing
    one step ahead of the herd

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...of-xero-shares

Should be an interesting day today!

Herbacious

Hmmm, yes last time he did that the share price tanked as I recall.

On the positive side it sounds like it means that institutional investors want in. They must see more value down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    On the positive side it sounds like it means that institutional investors want in. They must see more value down the line.
    probably selling to his buddies on the asx

technically could be a lower top if it falls today - very bearish esp if goes below recent lows
    Last edited by bull....; 17-11-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    probably selling to his buddies on the asx

technically could be a lower top if it falls today - very bearish esp if goes below recent lows
    Last time Drury sold in 2015 I remember wondering why the share price was rising when there was no news. It went over $20 and then the news came out that he had sold shares, and yes the price fell again to under $20.
    I don’t begrudge him the money – he has earned it and he deserves it but it is interesting how the share price rises just as he sells. I was wondering why the share price was rising the last couple of days when it fell after the results on 9 November, bottomed on 13th at $30.74 and then started rising for no reason I could understand and then today the news that Drury has sold.

It is down now 2.3% 75c to $32.50

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/xero-...0171116-gzmwgk
    Credit Suisse's equities desk was in the market with an $85 million block of Xero shares late on Thursday.
    The broker was seeking buyers on behalf of Xero chief executive officer Rod Drury, who is reducing his stake in the company.
    The shares were being offered at $28.45 each. The stock closed at $29.88 on Thursday.