sharetrader
Page 711 of 733 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post

I feel like it shows how Xero has fallen out of favour on ST, that they can delist from the NZX and there are no posts on this thread for a whole week! Will be interesting to see how it goes.
    True - but pretty much back in favour now - up $A2.40 as I write. That's about $NZ2.60 - very favourable!
    "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." David Lloyd George

Finally, XRO is out of NZX, washing clean those speculative investors who bought in early, sitting on a profit, guessing for a speculative correction. Without the noise created from such shareholders, I think it will steadily moving upwards towards ASX200 in a couple of months and then ASX50 in a year or two.

In the meantime, XRO continues its winning hands against its dinosaur competitors:
    http://www.afr.com/business/banking-...0180131-h0r2wz

justification from changing to ASX only already proven I would say based on today action.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer View Post
    justification from changing to ASX only already proven I would say based on today action.
    Yep - most holders should be pretty pleased with a gain of $A3.32 on the first day after exit from the NZX. I know I am and guess that Rod probably will be too!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    Yep - most holders should be pretty pleased with a gain of $A3.32 on the first day after exit from the NZX. I know I am and guess that Rod probably will be too!
    I'm sure Rod and XRO holders will be happy with today's effort by the ASX.

However, the real un-answered questions are; Did its association with NZX hold back XRO's progress? Will XRO do much better now that it is free from NZX?

IMHO the Jury is out on these questions, and one day on the ASX is a bit too early to claim a victory.

Comparison with another dual listed stock such as ATM shows that XRO has considerable ground to make up and clearly dual ASX/NZX listing has not held back ATM.

Here's the comparison up to today. ATM is the blue line, XRO is the red. It will be interesting to re-visit this chart in a years time.

Attachment 9444

As per NZIER, XRO's contribution to the NZ economy https://nzier.org.nz/publication/xer...to-new-zealand

Quote Originally Posted by RGR367 View Post
    As per NZIER, XRO's contribution to the NZ economy https://nzier.org.nz/publication/xer...to-new-zealand
    Pretty good eh

Just as will they staying in NZ so these numbers will grow
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I'm sure Rod and XRO holders will be happy with today's effort by the ASX.

However, the real un-answered questions are; Did its association with NZX hold back XRO's progress? Will XRO do much better now that it is free from NZX?

IMHO the Jury is out on these questions, and one day on the ASX is a bit too early to claim a victory.

Comparison with another dual listed stock such as ATM shows that XRO has considerable ground to make up and clearly dual ASX/NZX listing has not held back ATM.

Here's the comparison up to today. ATM is the blue line, XRO is the red. It will be interesting to re-visit this chart in a years time.

Attachment 9444
    Not sure about your chart Left Field. ATM has gone from about $1 to $9 over 5 years. I don't think that's a 1700% gain - or have I missed something?
    I also think you need to take the relative values of the shares into account. XRO was around $10 and has moved up to around $38 today. A 9x gain would take the price up to $90. 17x would require an SP of $170! A pretty big ask I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

The jump in the SP today seems much, much bigger than I would’ve expected from just the delisting. I do wonder how much of the rise was from that and how much was from the NAB announcement. That seems like it could be a big deal if rolled out to a few more banks.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    The jump in the SP today seems much, much bigger than I would’ve expected from just the delisting. I do wonder how much of the rise was from that and how much was from the NAB announcement. That seems like it could be a big deal if rolled out to a few more banks.
    Agree. Delisting will bring the benefit of no more sellers who are uncomfortable of holding ASX shares or are convinced there is "currency risk" for some reason. But it won't warrant a 10% climb. The NAB deal is pretty big. It proves that Xero is innovative, being a leader, and even large banks can't ignore the benefit (intelligence of its data) of connecting to their business. I will hold XRO for as long as I can't see another accounting software service company that is doing better things than them.