sharetrader
Page 715 of 733 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 7325

Thread: Xro - xero

I'm wondering if the SP is getting a little ahead of itself, just like it did in 2014 when it got to about $42 on the ASX. Opening up by $1 on no real news today seems a little exuberant.

The difference between now and 2014 is that the SP probably was about 5 years ahead of itself then, now it's only about 25-30% ahead of where I feel like it should be (but obviously Mr Market knows best at least some of the time).

Seems like annual results are released next Thursday 10th May so will be interesting to see if the current SP froth is built on any substance.

UBS have upgraded target price to 42.5, and also predict 100 dollars in 5 years. That’s what’s driving the price today.

Here’s hoping they exceed expectations! Plenty of upside in the UK, but need to keep an eye on expenses

I see the share price (in NZD) is close to where it was before it tanked back in 2015 - i always remember Rod saying don't panic, put your shares in the bottom draw and wait for the end of 2017. At $14 it was hard to swallow. Well he must have done his sums because here we are back at groundhog day; just wish i'd listened to his advise and kept them all . And still they go up......

I've been in since the start and was always annoyed at myself for not selling out in the peak a few years ago. However we are here again and I am still reluctant to sell and lose contact with the story. I have sold a few on the way through and repaid my initial investment many times over however. My ideal scenario would be a Microsoft or similar company with deep pockets buying it out at $60 to $100 so I can let go of the rollercoaster.

I'm in the same boat as you Toasty. Bought in at $3 and have held on ever since, and wow it's been a roller coaster. I agree that I would also like to see a bigger company come along and purchase at a premium, thus relieving me of my indecision whether to sell or hold on. I still believe there's plenty of runway for Xero and a big future ahead, but I'm also sitting on big paper profits and it doesn't sit right with me to continue to hold and not realise the profits.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you Toasty. Bought in at $3 and have held on ever since, and wow it's been a roller coaster. I agree that I would also like to see a bigger company come along and purchase at a premium, thus relieving me of my indecision whether to sell or hold on. I still believe there's plenty of runway for Xero and a big future ahead, but I'm also sitting on big paper profits and it doesn't sit right with me to continue to hold and not realise the profits.
    If you bought at $3, well done and good on you. Why not just sell 10% of your stock and then you will at least have reaped your initial investment whilst holding 90% going forward. Psychologically that might help? (not that it makes any sense from a financial point of view but it may ease the "does not sit right" feeling)

Thanks Blackcap. Yep I've done exactly that - sold some and recouped initial investment. Perhaps though it would be prudent to sell off a little more, just to mitigate the risk.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shore View Post
    Thanks Blackcap. Yep I've done exactly that - sold some and recouped initial investment. Perhaps though it would be prudent to sell off a little more, just to mitigate the risk.
    Well with a price increase from $3 to $40+ it might be a large chunk of your portfolio and portfolio theory would indicate that it would be prudent to diversify the risk a bit. Up to you though. Good luck.