sharetrader
Page 76 of 733 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176576 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    When exuberance and blind buying enter the market, you sell furiously.
    I don't hold XRO, but if I did I would have no idea whether to sell or hold even longer at this point. Once the dumb money dries up, I suspect that this stock is going to have a massive correction. The dumb money may push it well past $10 before that happens though. Anyone buying now is either brave or stupid... actually no, I'd say they are probably just stupid.

Don't get my wrong, Xero is a fantastic company that has very good future prospects. It's just that the SP is a few years ahead of where it should be.

Thought I'd throw some interesting numbers at y'all:

Total Issue: 117,188,024
    Market Capitalisation: $1,001,957,605 (@855)
    Earnings/Share: -11.12 cents
    Price/Earnings Ratio: -76.89
    NTA/Share: 31.97 cents

Looks like the P/E ratio is bang on for a high-growth company, only that it has been totally turned around and has a - in front of it!
    I'm just a learner Moosie ... does that mean I should get in now ??

Sarcasm? I can't tell. But no, absolutely not. If anything I suggest DIL, it's just starting its rampage as it has just broken through major resistance. Might still have time to buy today...
    Yes to the first bit Moosie (sorry!). I am learning this all though so really do appreciate your's and other poster's comments. Thank you.

I am at the stage now where I get angry when I refresh the direct broking depth page and the share price hasn't gone up in the 3 minutes since I last looked. I may be losing perspective on investing and straying into the "this time its different" and "the market will never go down" mentality. I am almost hoping the market will close soon so I can get some work done.

LMAO, she is a cruel mistress the depth page she is! If it's making you lose work/sleep/anything else then I suggest you sell up and take some profits and money off the table. It's a beautiful time to sell and you should be happy selling at $8.60, even if you bought at $8 a week ago! Remember, it's only money and most of all, DON'T GET GREEDY!
    I am way past greedy. I bought at 90 cents and $1.00. Sold enough to recoup initial investment and some profit and sat on the rest. Now I'm paralysed...

I'm one of those people who feel cheated if I sell a stock 1 cent below its all time high. Not ideally suited for sharemarket investing. Lol

Methinks XRO will beat RYM to heading FBU off as #1

The RYM guy spoke too soon

Winner69 - would you like a little bet on that?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Winner69 - would you like a little bet on that?
    why ... you reckon it won't eh

prob be taken over and we will never know ... but a billion plus may be too rich for that but as the market depends on greater fools there must be one out there who sees 'strategic' value in XRO

What's intriguing about most of the comments made yesterday is that not one was about the fundamentals of Xero's business. It was almost all about what the share price may or may not do and whether or not to hold or sell shares - and all based on speculation about what other people may or may not do.

I have no trouble with those sorts of issues being discussed - it is after all a share "market" where stocks are traded and perception is reality, at least for that moment in time. But I would have thought there would have been some discussion about Xero's business and its prospects which is what after all its valuation is supposed to be based on - that is unless of course it is a genuine bubble when sheer irrationality is all that determines the price and its all a game in which the last deluded person to come to their senses is the one who loses.

There is nothing in the public domain about Xero's business that can possibly explain what has just happened or the level of its share price. That means its either rumour-based speculation (which is what I hope it is) or people trading with knowledge that the rest of us don't have ( I hope it's not). Either way its a dodgy position for a stock to be in.

If anything Xero's market has got harder in the past month. For example Reckon is releasing a new cloud accounting product and Intuit has just dropped its prices for Quickbooks Online. Xero trades in a very tough market, has strong competition and continues to lose money at an extraordinary rate. These are the issues that should be considered. One day the market will catch up with the reality of Xero's business. I think thats more likely than Xero's performance catching up with the current unreality of the market.