sharetrader
Page 77 of 733 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: Xro - xero

Moosie, I did comment on an action taken by Intuit to lower prices on a competing product and Reckon's announcement of a competing product.Those are both fundamental issues that have been announced in the last month.

Just fresh from reading the latest round of vitriol on NBR. I don't mind comments that explain why people think a company is not a good bet when it is supported with a rational analysis or explanation but I really can't stand the inane "its going to crash", "you are going to get burned","its a ponzi scheme" crap that seems to be the favourite of the commenters on there. For a business publication it seems to have a fairly low quality readership.

Ditto for lack of focus on fundamentals in the NBR. All the discussion is about whether or not it is a bubble.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    What's intriguing about most of the comments made yesterday is that not one was about the fundamentals of Xero's business.
    Hard to talk fundimentals when there is no new news. We need to know the US and UK take up. 1 Jan should have been a big day in the US - time will tell.

I had a buy in target of around 6.5 after selling out at 7.50ish. Didn't quite get that low unfortunately and have now missed the boat. I would be getting nervous at current levels if the sales numbers dont stack up in the next announcement.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Fair enough Toasty, we have been caught out trying to call the top a few times but have yet to do so. It's a good business and all, and will survive, it's just the Share Price is quite insane. If you are looking at selling out watch the market very closely and get a feel for when the steam is starting to run out. It looks like it is starting to on the depth this morning, but I could be totally wrong and it could hit $9. In the end it is your money and you do with it what you may, but feel good about the decisions you have made (I would) and ignore everyone on here if it's getting too emotional.
    Its just the NBR rubbish that I object to. I like the commentary on this site as its overwhelmingly rational and people support their arguments with facts and statistics instead of personal attacks and emotion.

Guru

Could index buying have been the driver. Rod and other major holders sold down recently so would that increase the free float, plus the share price is up since the last reset, and therefore weighting in the index.

This whole index weighting seems to be a dark art. They announce who is in but they dont announce weighting, making you rely on your broker (I assume) for more info. Index weighting should be available to all on the NZX website. (or is it and I am blind)

Looking at the depth....someone looking to sell 2000 at $12.50.

Must think there is still plenty of dumb dosh out there looking for a home

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Looking at the depth....someone looking to sell 2000 at $12.50.

Must think there is still plenty of dumb dosh out there looking for a home
    Someone said that about Snakk at 0.35c. No harm in putting a hail mary sell offer in. Your pray may be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Exactly, who knows what can happen with this kind of exuberance pervading the market. Chuck 'er in and see where she goes!
    Can't be long before Rod, Sam and Co start to dribble out some of theirs, if they haven't already (or would that be gush....)

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    Can't be long before Rod, Sam and Co start to dribble out some of theirs, if they haven't already (or would that be gush....)
    Why would they do that?